Dest's Everything Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destriero

destriero

I'm in a holding pattern waiting for a macro setup, so I probably won't have anything until the last hour of trading. Mixed results on vol outside of NDX, but up nicely nonetheless.

My TSLA thesis read like non-public info. I called that they could not be seen underwriting at 8.5% (bond offering) and would have to issue shares. Within days Tesla announced a $2B share registration. Yeah, this is bullish over Q2, Q3. I have flied-off my TSLA position at a credit and it pre-dates this journal. No risk on TSLA.

And yes, I have doubled my account(s) since November. The doubling period had been from Aug/Sep to date. ;)

#51     May 2, 2019
    birdman, speedo and NQurious like this.
  2. destriero

destriero

I am still short a bit of index delta overall, as all of my positions are large cap NDX components.

#52     May 2, 2019
    NQurious likes this.
  3. NQurious

NQurious

B1 shorts the rally all the way loses a sim fortune ... Dest say Fvck that I'm selling the f'n top lol

#53     May 2, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

DestFive:

Long the SPX MAY8 2875/MAY10 2850 put diagonal from 0.50 credit. 5% allocation. Long May10s, short may8s.

Short 1 ES per ten lot. (2913)

#54     May 2, 2019
    Philo Judeaus and NQurious like this.
  5. destriero

destriero

I am being transparent with fills, but it's going to be hard to keep to the allocation %. How do you allocate with futures if you've got a GTC stop in the system? Do you allocate based upon maint. req or the stop? Stops can be traded through, so neither is practical. Risk-tolerance is personal.

I am going to base (spread) PNL on the debit req on spreads. Any position with variation margin will calc PNL based upon the overnight req. You can allocate as you see fit. It's too complex to allocate for the reader. Take the fills (or don't.).

#55     May 2, 2019
    NQurious likes this.
  6. Doobs789

Doobs789

How dare you offer out free money!?! You've got some nerve...

#56     May 2, 2019
    ITM_Latino and destriero like this.
  7. destriero

destriero

diag is 5x10 debit. ;)

#57     May 2, 2019
    NQurious likes this.
  8. destriero

destriero

22.5 off. Loss of 3. Mid is 22.4.

#58     May 3, 2019
  9. destriero

destriero

12.35 off.

#59     May 3, 2019
  10. destriero

destriero

Off 38.1. Currently 38 mid. Gain of 10.5%.

#60     May 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.