Dest's Everything Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destriero

destriero

lol find me an Atari Portolio that runs a front end and I am game.

#291     Nov 15, 2019
  2. .sigma

.sigma

@BlueWaterSailor and I will be front row seats if this happens!

#292     Nov 15, 2019
    BlueWaterSailor likes this.
  3. you seem to naively believe a lot of stories as long as the language, used, is slick and it sounds sophisticated and over your head. My humble advice is: Don't believe what some guys claim or talk all day especially without providing any factual backup whatsoever. He makes options trading sound like some esoteric endeavor that only those of the upper echelons can master. Unless you work on structuring exotic rates notes or more complex equity correlation baskets, options trading is nothing sophisticated. You either take exposure to delta, vega, time decay, and/or a few higher-order derivatives. I just find it a little strange how you hype this guy when you, by your own admission, don't understand a majority of what he says. But then everything that he talks about options is sandwiched by some buzz words, which is strange as he most of the time talks about vanilla options structures. He seems to have a hard time to explain most concepts in very simple term, and you know what they say:

"If you cannot explain something in simple terms, you don't understand it." (Richard Feynman)

#293     Nov 16, 2019
    ffs1001, TheDawn, jsp326 and 2 others like this.
  4. That would be awesome. I guarantee there will be a cheering section.
    Somewhere in L.A., there's a storage bin with my Sinclair ZX81 in it. Of course, I'd have to get an RF modulator and an old B&W TV to recreate my original setup - wonder if that 300-baud modem I built is there, too? - and you'd need to write something that would talk to your broker, but you'd have an absolutely unique setup for testing trading chops...

#294     Nov 16, 2019

5. I love trader fights

#295     Nov 16, 2019
    taowave, Adam777 and .sigma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.