dest's discord group--tickers, structuring and pnl

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic

Magic

Picked up some wide asym for SPX, June01 expiry. Think the slight bid on vol from o/n action and opening down will dissipate over the long weekend. Scattershot of other SPX flies and verts where I think there's value. Mainly positioned for some stability / steepening of contango.

Some W and CMG flies coming off today. Selling vol on smaller stocks that move into the spotlight has been pretty good lately as long as I keep it up until they settle down. PnL is turbulent at first good on the back-end. Been trading these for a few weeks, going to leave off though as next week doesn't look as attractive.

@TheBigShort had a great call selling ACB vol when it was jacked. Had to do the 16 itm straddle because that was highest strike out a few days ago lol. 400% vol but the stock really slowed down. Going off today and sitting around +6 on the vol, -1 on the hedge, per straddle. Good stuff.

Longer term calendars on GRUB and TSLA, fooling around with these a bit to gain experience on how vol TS moves and affects PnL. Don't expect much from them; small size. I had FB diags from yesterday open and closed them around 231 this morning. Bought a few flies afterward just because I had eyes on it. If vol drops off after the weekend and makes me shorter I'll probably close them.

Would be cool to see more people talking through an actual book. Big thanks to dest for putting legit trades out there and updating so frequently.

#41     May 22, 2020
  2. destriero

destriero

2.3 mid. I will probably close it today although the allure of the holiday weekend is strong.

#42     May 22, 2020
    jys78 likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

I am out half at 2.4. I would have closed all if not for the holiday weekend.

#43     May 22, 2020
  4. destriero

destriero

lol top thread of the week, b*tches!

2020-05-22_09-42-09.png

#44     May 22, 2020
    ITM_Latino and TheBigShort like this.
  5. Here is one for you for a bit of the longer term (in anticipation of a second waive..)
    In the SPX, the Dec31 231 fly 2175/2475/2850 for $376.50cr. coupled with the Dec31/March19 Cal at 3050/3075 for $12.50db. Have patience...

#45     May 22, 2020
    destriero and Magic like this.
  6. Are you pulling a DJT on us?>:)

#46     May 22, 2020
  7. destriero

destriero

Well, I took a test today and it came back largely negative, which is positive... on the good side of positive, you know? So I am positive it came back negative, or close. Now that I have that out of the way I am getting a COVID test.

Best ratings ever.

#47     May 22, 2020
    Cuddles, gmal, jys78 and 1 other person like this.
  8. destriero

destriero

73 last. I have May26 wings so I will cover no later than Tuesday. I have some May29 wings under a buck which I did not reveal bc they were only done to allow me to trade this covered in the IRA.

#48     May 22, 2020
  9. destriero

destriero

What's the credit? This is the synthetic? Can you screenshot the mid?

Unlikely that you're going to hold it to terminal PNL, but I'd normally reco that you go into Jan just in case.

#49     May 22, 2020
  10. destriero

destriero

I may have to cover all by the close. I am driving the transit conversion to SD to meet with the family and set-up my screens. We're doing a sailing trip to Mex in July, and I may be on the boat on Tuesday. It's a 40' cat charter.

If so, I'll update by 16:30 ET.

#50     May 22, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.