dest's discord group--tickers, structuring and pnl

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElCubano

ElCubano

When God said, “Let there be light!” Chuck said, “Say Please.”

#191     Jul 26, 2020
    speedo likes this.
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I lol'd at the virgin islands bit, thx ...

#192     Jul 26, 2020
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Know how Bruce Lee really died?
    Back in 1973 he called Destriero's mom a name. D was like 9yo at the time. Hit him over the head with one of her potted vegetables. Twice. True story. F'r had an annurism and died.

#193     Jul 26, 2020
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I heard it was when Bruce Lee insulted his mom, 9YO Dest gave Lee two options...Apologize, or feel the wrath of his volatile nature.

Lee did not answer in time because he was too busy trying to be like water, and so Dest just executed a diagonal butterfly kick to Lee's head.

#194     Jul 26, 2020
    BeautifulStranger likes this.
  5. I wish Dest was back!

"Three Elite Traders were stranded on a desert island, they find a magic lantern containing a genie, who grants each trader a wish. The first guy wishes he was off the island and back home with millions of dollars. Dest just wishes to be home, he's already ungodly rich. The third Elite says "I'm lonely. I wish my friends were back here."

I wonder if Dest would be pissed we are wishing him back?

Edited: Its like movie "Field of Dreams", if we keep posting maybe he might return?

#195     Jul 31, 2020
    BlueWaterSailor and donnap like this.
  6. vinc

vinc

Yep, without Dest this place is like a landmine or a swamp, especially for novices..
    Now we will drown in our own shit, clueless..What a misery!! ha ha:)
    Mediocrity feeding mediocrity :) But that's just normal..

#196     Aug 1, 2020
  7. I found old footage of Dest training before the hero society, his alias is Saitama. He's too busy fighting evil to hang around this place. Please come back Sensei Dest!

#197     Aug 3, 2020
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

I think its that whole demon sperm thing....
    he's layin' low.

#198     Aug 3, 2020
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  9. Kuppy is a blow up artist. I posted this a few weeks ago, regarding my personal meeting with Harris Kupperman:
    "Wow, a name from the past. I have been a professional trader, since 1998, and was lucky to ride the dot-com mania, in NYC. In 2005-2006, I happened to be in Miami Beach, and visited a day trading office on Lincoln Road. I had set up an offshore private interest foundation, with $5M, and I was looking to diversify by investing in hedge funds. I was told of this amazing young guy, named Harris Kupperman (we were both in our twenties), so I visited his office, and had a face to face meeting. He had an extensive bookshelf, mostly history books, and economics (I have a Bsc. in Economics from Duke University, and also a BA in Art History). I believe he was mostly involved in mining companies in Africa, at that time. What struck me, was a Marquis Jet Card, conveniently placed on his desk. I asked him about it, and he said that it enabled him to fly to remote locations. My other observation was that his office was pretty huge, and empty, as he only had one assistant, visible. I questioned why such a big space, and he answered that he was looking to expand, and he might as well lock in the price on the lease.

I then asked about his fund. He said he was managing around $100M, and his minimum was $2M, but just for me, he would lower it to $1M. I passed.

Within a year the fund imploded (as in ZERO). Investors were given "share certificates", as IOUs. The office was gone. I was still on his email list, and I clearly remember the last email from him, saying that he was humbled, and writing it from his living room. I do not know what happened to the original investors.

I googled his name, but this "part" of his life has been fully deleted. I wonder why?

TRUE Story!!!"

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/es-journal-2019-2020.328086/page-2701#post-5159689

I looks like @Gaslight Capital likes him a lot:
    "I'm talking about a grown man who has amassed a fortune the likes of which very few ever achieve, and he did so at a fairly young age by trading and investing, and who furthermore presents analysis on a free blog that is frequently actionable if you spend the time yourself to research the ideas further to find your own play.

You, on the other hand, are stuck on a 23 year old kid one year out of college who you resent for the ostentatious display of a Marquis Private Jet Card in 2005, the era of Trader Monthly, and ostentatious was in that year. You don't have to go to his blog. I simply noted that I have been reading him for years and some of his ideas have proven to be quite good."

So I wrote back:
    Dear @Gaslight Capital

Regarding the $75M Net worth, I think the article is referring to a Mongolian ex-sumo wrestler, NOT Kupperman, at all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...mo-wrestler-returns-to-mongolia/#186a314686ee

And it appears that Kupperman was fully invested in his Mongolia fund (which lost 98%+ of its value since inception!!!):
    https://www.gurufocus.com/news/307514/interview-with-harris-kupperman-of-mongolia-growth-group

And in 2015, it was not doing so well. I did a quick search in the Wayback Machine for www.pracap.com, and although it was started in 2003, the oldest screenshot is from 2019. Something is off...

@destriero would have a field day with a loser like Kuppy. Entangling thousands of investors, and "losing" hundreds of millions. Hopefully, "Real Vision" does some financial forensics into the $100M lost in mining in Africa around 2006, or the 50M+ lost in Mongolia. I wonder why Kuppy chooses far out destinations. Harder to do due diligence!!!

Some people truly have NO clue ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    #199     Aug 4, 2020
    ITM_Latino, Nobert and Aged Learner like this.

10. I wish Dest was still here because he's given out more wisdom if someone is intelligent enough to ponder his posts than any other Elite member. I get he's trading big time making more money on stock options like Apple and AMZN in a day than we make in years. His humor is second to none, thank you for the info on Kuppy, never would I compare Master Dest to a poser.

#200     Aug 4, 2020
    ITM_Latino and ChipShotTrader like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.