dest's discord group--tickers, structuring and pnl

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destriero

destriero

$2 bid on the Jun5 330 calls. $1.15 bid on the May28 330 calls. Stress is 0.85 in decay in a week at AAPL here (spot).

#11     May 18, 2020
  2. destriero

destriero

I edited each reco post with TRADE#.

#12     May 18, 2020
  3. destriero

destriero

I will be updating with PNL absent comms. Some of this stuff I am holding, some not. I may have the short SPX combo in the IRA with some garbage wings (I do) but I won't reco anything that I don't have in my IRA or taxable production account(s). IOW, anything I reco here I am holding with near identical greeks and convexity.

No Sharpe or Sortino as this will not mirror my stuff to the level where I am going to run two sets of books for metrics. Sharpe seems moot with any naked combo exposure.

#13     May 18, 2020
  4. destriero

destriero

Up a bit on marks ($4K). The EOD drop helped out as I was -10K on posted positions. I won't update (TRADE#) until they are converted (combo) or closed.

*I will post videos of my end of day PNL come Late June/early July. I am transitioning away from listed stuff at work so I can trade listed in my personal accounts. I will link two videos every trading day and TDA's "Overall P/L YTD" figure to keep it honest.

#14     May 18, 2020
    SumZero and Axon like this.
  5. destriero

destriero

I am only going to post the IRA to keep it simple as TDA marks an overall PNL YTD figure. Nice feature.

I have three other accounts, but I don't want this thread to take over my life. It will allow me to simply post that figure (overall P/L YTD) for the daily MTM and the account number each video.

There has been no trading in that TDA IRA this year so the account with start with the trading in this thread.

#15     May 18, 2020
    eternaldelight likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

I got a signal at the close in SN--short AAPL at 314.8x. I'm already short D in vol.

#16     May 18, 2020
  7. It's traders like you the market keeps going up. people keep shorting this illiquid market.
    the economy is bearish nobody is running to buy stocks on the retail side like in 1999 yet stocks climb higher on the nasdaq.

the street and people and economy are bearish yet the stock prices goes up?

divergence. the badfuture and short term economic fundamental don't justify or short the rise in equities.
    tehnical rise mainly due to market manipulation by the central bank with 0% interest rates and negative interest rates.

#17     May 18, 2020
  8. destriero

destriero

confuse. I don't know if you're criticizing or complementing.

#18     May 18, 2020
    Spooz Top 2 and NQurious like this.
  9. NQurious

NQurious

Let me offer what I think is a close approximation in translation: "You bad man @destriero because me short and me right and you make market go higher and market is wrong and me losing money."

#19     May 18, 2020
  10. destriero

destriero

And lol to that as I shorted today. β-weighted I am short 1200 SPX deltas.

#20     May 18, 2020
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.