Destriero - Butterfly Trades

Discussion in 'Options' started by ironchef, Dec 11, 2020.

1. destriero

destriero

I've been sports and prop betting since 1993. I used to travel with a bunch of 21 players in the late 90s--before they started dealing shallow. I've probably made more than a mil lifetime playing Revere APC.

#401     Jan 25, 2021
    .sigma and ironchef like this.
  2. destriero

destriero

For Tamarack (small, local WillHill book) to offer 270-280 shows how suspect the UFC is. No way this should have gone off above 200. Further, I always limit my small book action to $1-2K per ticket so they don't shove the line, but the agent said the line was good for $5K. I had already booked my LV room and was en route to the airport.

Poirier is a beast.

#402     Jan 25, 2021
    Atikon likes this.
  3. taowave

taowave

If Diamond ragdolled McNugget imagine what Khabib does if they ever square up again..

#403     Jan 25, 2021
    cesfx and destriero like this.
  4. destriero

destriero

I have never lost betting against McG... but then my UFC betting record is over 70% (adjusted ML). I am super selective.

#404     Jan 25, 2021
  5. taowave

taowave

You going to bet on Ngannou Stipe??

#405     Jan 25, 2021
  6. destriero

destriero

Ngannou. I wouldn't pay over 150, so who knows. It won't be a size bet, but I can't see Stipe taking Ngannou at 38yo.

#406     Jan 25, 2021
  7. Dmajirb

Dmajirb

My experience with flys is getting fucked on the spread at both ends, with worse slippage on flys than on almost any other spread— including most 4-legged spreads (with box spreads taking the cake for all-time worst). I have legged in/out with inconsistent results—sometimes a little better yet sometimes a lot worse. Have had some success with synthetics on stock U/Ls but mainly trade SPX. Can anyone shed some insight on getting better fills to enter/exit non-synthetic flys?

#407     Jan 28, 2021
  8. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

How many you guys are buying butterflies right now. I bet all Of you. Wish I could trade single name.

#408     Jan 28, 2021
    caroy likes this.
  9. taowave

taowave

Why leg at all???

Not bragging,but I am really good at "mechanical" trading,I.e legging in and out of spreads..

I find I am often filled on TOS at prices better than I could have legged..In fact,I sometimes get fills that make me check to see if I fat fingered the order..

What are you trading??

#409     Jan 28, 2021
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Read what I posted before on fly on thinly traded options.

If you trade butterflies on thinly traded, you are going to get killed by the market makers because of bid/ask (unless you know the underlying like your know your better half and set up a fly with a huge advantage). Often even when the fly was profitable I couldn't get out with a profit unless I let it expired. Legging in and out often made thing worse - e.g. my GILD flies.

Now I focus my trades mostly on high volume narrow bid/ask options. With SPY, with $0.02 bid/ask spread and thousands of OI, it is easy to get in and out.

#410     Jan 28, 2021
    Aged Learner and BlueWaterSailor like this.