Desperation

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by HappyGoLucky, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Talk to Spydertrader

#131     Aug 29, 2006
  2. For now, I will only reply to this portion of Pekelo's post. After finishing work, I took the time to manually back-test the system he pm'd me. I don't have the knowhow to backtest it via programming, but it is really quite a simple system. I made it easier by having my charts display the entry and exit points (that much I was able to do).

It was an interesting exercise. With his permission, I will publish the results. If he prefers me to keep them quiet, I will.

#132     Aug 29, 2006
  3. You really should talk to Spydertrader.

#133     Aug 29, 2006
  4. Catalite

Catalite

I haven't taken the time to read every reply, so maybe this is a repeat of somebody elses suggestion. Anyhow, try reading "Trading in the Zone" and a new book out there now, "Entries and Exits". Sorry to say man, but it's still between your ears.

--Been profitable for 20 years

#134     Aug 29, 2006
  5. GTS

GTS

Holy crap, registered 2001 and just now making your second post?!?

You are the man!

#135     Aug 29, 2006
  6. Catalite

Catalite

Whatever. That's three posts and about as useful as your last post.

#136     Aug 29, 2006
  7. Holt

Holt

HappyGoLucky, consider yourself very lucky to have this "live by the lake trader" (if my guess is right) taught you how he trades. I read some of his posts and followed some of his trades, it seems that his method was really able to catch some good moves of the day. He reminds me of those very nice people living in midwest during the 60s & 70s, they are nice, hospitable and really eager to help other people. Also doctors only charged you $7 per visit back in those days. Anyway, don't doubt his method & happy trading!

#137     Aug 30, 2006
  8. iqy3834

iqy3834

Just stumbled on this old thread, and now that its over 5 years later, I would love to hear an update!

I hope you have good news on your struggles for profitability, and that
    mysterious, promising system you were taught.

If you are around, HappyGoLucky, please oblige my curiosity!

#138     Nov 19, 2011