Desperation 2.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Pekelo, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, if you didn't get it, I sure am not going to explain it specially again, but it wasn't the love of trading...

#21     Sep 7, 2006
  2. look, trading is like many other self-started businesses in many ways

1) most businesses fail
    2) most people who start a business think they will not fail
    3) most people who start a business have NO idea what is really necessary to run their business successfully before they start

trading is unique in that it requires less startup capital and greater POTENTIAL return on startup capital than almost any business i can think of

you can totally start (futures, for example) with 5k. assuming you already have a computer and internet (many if not most people do), that's it.

and your first day trading, it is entirely possible to double your money.

this is again, unlike most businesses.

on your first day trading, you have beaten the return that 1000's of professional fund managers are hoping to get (merely to beat the S&P) by a factor of 10-20!

right off the bat, on your first day trading, you can compete with the best traders in the world, the best in the field. just start trading bonds or MSFT.

you can't really do that in the restaurant business, or the soft drink business.

you can'[t get access to Safeway shelves your first day of making homemade cookies, but on your first day of trading, you are on a completely even field with any other trader in the electronic book.

when i place an order in CBOT book for YM, it doesn't say my name, my account size, etc. it's just logged inthere, just like an order from GSCO would be

unlike many other businesses, you have nobody but yourself to blame for your success OR failure. it aint about fickle customers, boneheaded county regulators, bla bla bla

the market does not care about you, or even know you exist. you are completely anonymous and completely (99.9999%) unable to affect the market.

there are few businesses that offer the ability to IMMEDIATELY make large amounts of money, and rely on nobody or nothing else to do so.

there is nobody sitting there telling you when to buy, when to sell, etc

right off the bat, you are participating in the greatest wealth creation engine ever known to man - the US economy, and are able to speculate in the greatest companies ever known to man.

it's really frigging amazing.

gawd, i love my career

:)

#22     Nov 26, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Agreed completely, should be put into the FAQ...

Well, I just realized I wrote the FAQ, so I might just put it there.... :)

#23     Nov 26, 2006
  4. Hello Blackguard. Good to see you posting...:)

#24     Nov 26, 2006
  5. I enjoyed the 8 fingers and one eye killing three...:) :) then there was the free thing...much was in that ol' boy's post hehe...

#25     Nov 26, 2006