Desperately Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Neonnight, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Neonnight

Neonnight

Any advice on choosing the right on-site trading firm? There are three in my area, namely "All-Tech", "Momentum Securities", and "ProTrader" (formerly Cornerstone Securities). I've spoken with someone at ProTrader and will be meeting with them this Friday, but I'm wondering (obsessing) on whether I'm making the right choice. I feel I've gone as far as I can on my own and I'm ready for some hands-on training. Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated!

2. Hi, Toni Turners book (about$15) has some good points what to look for if your checking out trading offices.

Things that come to mind for me would be what software are you use to and what they offer.

What do they charge for training ? Right now I'm back to trading small share lots, and making it my number one effort to keep to some kind of trading plan. Mark Douglas's book, Disciplined Trader really gives you all the info' you need, just keep reading chaper 16 !!! When others say it's all mental, honestly that's just about it. Find a simple trading systerm that gives you a set in and out point (in, stoploss, profit), use small share lots (100max) and try just trading that system and nothing else for a couple of weeks. When you get to the point of not scanning and looking for the next fast moving stock and keeping to your plan, you'll probably notice your account is slowly growing.

Hope this helps, I'm not making big bucks, and actually right now keeping my head above water is my main concern, but it is getting better :) I've been trying this for the last couple of years, usually make a bundle for a couple of months to give it back on reckless trades, which really I know better than to do !!!

If there's any others that can give me some wisdom or help as well I'd be happy to hear from you.

Surfs up :)

3. lexoo76

lexoo76

night,

If you go to http://www.daytradingstocks.com they have a new link to trading offices which tells a little about each one.

I would like to know how your progress is coming along searching for a trading office.

lex//