Desperate Trump calls for delay to 2020 US election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Jul 30, 2020.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Video of Donald Trump trying to vote alongside Billy Bush in 2004 shows how hard it is to commit voter fraud

Donald Trump has suggested that the election will be "rigged" against him — making unsubstantiated claims of past widespread voter fraud.

Pressed by moderator Chris Wallace during Wednesday's final presidential debate, Trump said he'd "keep you in suspense" regarding whether he'd accept the results of the election. On Thursday, he said he'd accept the results "if I win."

But while Trump claims voter fraud could be rampant come November 8, an Access Hollywood video from 2004 showed Trump having difficulty casting his own ballot because of an inconsistency in his own registration.

Trump decided to go out to the polls in 2004 with Billy Bush, who was recently fired by NBC after a leaked tape from 2005 emerged showing the two making crude sexual remarks about women.

At the first polling place the pair visited in New York, Trump was annoyed after being told he had to go to a different location because his name was not on the voter rolls.

"Oh why?" Trump asked when told he couldn't vote at the location. "Do I have to go to a different place? Do me a favor, double-check."

They told him he had to go to a Park Avenue location.

"520 Park Ave.," Trump said. "I like that location better. It's a richer location."

"Tell them to get it right next time," he said later as he was leaving the polling place. "Will you please?"

Bush said on TV that it "was a registration issue."

The two then went to the other location.

"Make sure there's no cheating here," Trump said.

To his astonishment, he couldn't vote there either.

"They don't have me here either," he said. "Can you believe this?"

Apparently, according to Bush, a change of address by Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr., was the reason for the Manhattan billionaire's voting difficulties.

The pair then went to a third location.

But it was no use.

"Well I'm going to fill out the absentee ballot," Trump said after learning he still could not vote in person at the location.

"You didn't do right by me," he said to an apologetic poll-worker. "You know that, right? You know that?"

Talking to Bush in the backseat of his limousine afterward, Trump said he "saved that guy's life and he forgot about it."

"I saved that guys life," he said. "He's a scumbag. And he forgot about it."

Then Trump filled out the absentee ballot he picked up.

"At least you can say, the Trumpster doesn't give up," Trump said. "You've got to vote."

As the two parted ways, Bush left Trump with one last question.

"Donald, who did you vote for?" he said, curious if he cast a ballot for then-President George W. Bush or Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

"I don't hear a word you're saying," Trump responded.

There were only 31 credible incidents of voter fraud out of more than 1 billion votes cast from 2000 to 2014, according to a study by Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola Law School who is an expert on voter fraud.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-video-billy-bush-2004-voter-fraud-2016-10

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    #41     Aug 1, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. smallfil

smallfil

There is too many opportunities for fraud. People should be allowed to vote in person. Everyone can wear a mask and it takes a few minutes to cast your vote.

#42     Aug 1, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Voting, other than absentee ballot should always be in person and on election day. Early voting needs to be stopped as well as mail in. FRAUD.

#43     Aug 1, 2020
  4. Dr. Love

Dr. Love

#44     Aug 2, 2020
    Ayn Rand likes this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Only 31 Incidents - Amusing bullshiat. In North Carolina alone the federal DA convicted over 87 people for voting fraud that occurred in this timeframe. Did you miss the entire thread describing the indictments and convictions.

#45     Aug 2, 2020
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Link?

#46     Aug 2, 2020
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

That wasn't the main point of the article. But you are doing a good job of making Chumpie's point about voter fraud bogus claims. Again over a billion votes cast. And yes know all about North Carolina.

#47     Aug 2, 2020
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

All you have to do is search ET for the name of the federal prosecutor “Higdon” to find the many articles with links.

You commented on these threads previously. Sad that you don’t remember them.

#48     Aug 2, 2020
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

classic gwb. I searched Higdon, looks like he locked up a grandma for telling her boyfriend to vote while ineligible. Not a single mention of "87" convictions though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d2617e-b536-11e8-a7b5-adaaa5b2a57f_story.html
    In fact, it was no hoax. The subpoena sought a list of items which, if satisfied, would force state and local officials to produce at least 20 million documents — in less than four weeks. Prosecutors also demanded eight years of records from the state Division of Motor Vehicles, through which voters are allowed to register to vote. No explanation was provided by Immigration and Customs Enforcement or federal prosecutors, who sought the documents. It is a fishing expedition by the Trump administration to support the president’s repeatedly discredited assertions that voting fraud is widespread, especially by noncitizens casting illegal ballots.

The effect of this expedition, led by Robert J. Higdon Jr., the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, is easy to foresee: This is one more in a long line of GOP efforts to suppress the vote. Members of the state board of elections, split evenly between Democrats and Republicans, voted unanimously to fight the subpoena, which would overwhelm local boards’ administrative capacity. It also would intimidate voters who, with good reason, would fear their votes and other sensitive information were being handed over to federal officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...9851c2-19de-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    #49     Aug 2, 2020

10. So you are saying 87 i ncidents in 14 years with hundreds of millions of voters is cause for scrapping the whole system and calling it fraudulent?

When people claim voter fraud it is to claim that voter fraud actually changed the turnout of an election.

if the claim is 87 fucktards in 14 years of milions and millions of votes were convicted of faudulently voting then the system is working pretty well to prevent fraud and catch those who do.

Excellent!

#50     Aug 2, 2020
    Bugenhagen, SunTrader and Cuddles like this.