Desperate QuoteTracker user

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by orangetwingo, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Hello folks,

I've been using QT for about 3 years now and I can't even imagine using anything else. Even before I learned that the software will be sunset in late 2011 I searched for alternatives, thinking maybe I'd find something better. I was wrong. Nothing comes close to QT in any aspect. The other apps seem retarded, like ToS.

Thanks to existing threads in this forum, I've discovered Sierra Charts, which has a horrendous interface, but at least it has some of the features I need.

What I am looking for is a piece of software that will allow me to view intraday charts in frequencies such as 17.5 minutes, 0.45 minutes, 377 minutes (these are just examples of how versatile I require the charts to be, not your regular 1min, 5min, 15min, 60min crap), and Historical charts from 1 day, 3 day, 7 day bars and up to 900 day bars.

Does anyone know if any software out there supports this? Sierra Charts does but the interface seems like it's a funeral home administration software, and it has problems with intraday frequencies higher than 400 min.

Besides Sierra Charts, the software that has some versatility in intraday charts is eSignal (so I hear, haven't tried it yet) which allows frequencies from 1 min to 1440 min.

Thanks and I'm glad to have become a member of Elite Trader.

Cheers to all.
    Sebastian.

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

sounds like you need some hand holding, try atrader.org so you can talk to the developer about your needs.

3. maybe ninja trader? perhaps there charts meet your needs?

4. QT is still working fine, I don't see why it's gonna change very soon .

5. Sierra Chart seems like the only one that is flexible with the frequency selection... looking into it. I wish they had more hotkeys though. Thanks for your replies, I am testing out every one of your suggestions.