Desktop TWS on Android Phone/Tablet?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by HappyTrader, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Has anyone found a way to run the Desktop version of TWS (not the mobile version) on Android Phone or Tablet?

I heard WINE is now available for Android, but not sure how well TWS will run on that.
    Also, given that TWS is a Java app, can it somehow be run on Android through some other mechanism?

I'm curious if there is a way to access TWS if all you have with you is your phone and you want to do something that is more complicated than what the mobile version will support (option chain / strategy builder seems to be missing). Plus, there's the warm fuzzy of using familiar software for important trades.

Thank you.

2. just get a windows tablet?

3. Both options chains and strategy builder are available on mobile. I doubt Android tablet resources are sufficient to run full-scale TWS.

4. DaveV

DaveV

How about running TWS on a desktop and using Android to remote into that desktop?

5. Yes, having a server in the cloud or something similar was my fallback solution, but I wanted to see if anyone tried out alternatives first.

I do have a Windows tablet, but the point of the exercise was to see if it is possible to run it on an Android phone (and thus negate the need to carry the phone AND tablet).

The new Android Phone from ASUS is supposed to have 8GB of RAM. I'm anticipating this should be sufficient (since I can run TWS on Windows 10 on a 2 GB Windows Tablet).

6. Millionaire

Millionaire

I still remember running TWS on 512MB RAM under Windows XP fifteen years ago, on a single core pentium 1.4Ghz laptop.

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

teamviewer or google remote desktop

8. Lee-

Lee-

Android apps are written in java, but an android .apk is a little different from a java .jar. That said, there's a tool called JBED that can run java applications (.jar) on android. I've never personally used it though, but that's where I'd start.