Desktop portfolio tracker

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nonpcnpc, Dec 12, 2019.

1. nonpcnpc

nonpcnpc

I'm not sure if this is the right topic for this but can't find more suitable one.

I am looking for a desktop application(win) that would track my stock portfolio and show me the gain/loss in the systray. Nothing more, just very simple functionaly. Can you recommend something?

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

From where is this "very simple" app getting its signal?

If it's from your live account, it will need to carry 100% of the security concerns that follow that platform. If it's from an unrelated proxy (Yahoo!Finance or Google), then it likely exists now. But the upkeep would be a pain. (IMO.)

Broker/platform phone apps (with tight security, but vastly reduced functionality) would be a good alternative. FWIW and all that.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. guru

guru

Not aware of something that simple that would deal with complexities of tracking your positions and monitoring stock prices.

While anything more complex wouldn’t have a reason to turn itself into something so simple that only shows status in Systray.

But there are various software choices for actually maintaining a portfolio in useful ways, with accounting and taxation.
    Basic version of Quicken for $35 may not be too bad:
    https://www.quicken.com/personal-finance/investments