Desktop Icons (Shortcuts Clutter)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Slim Harpo, Jul 4, 2005.

1. I have so many Shortcuts on my Desktop that my entire screen is filled with Icons...Anytime I want to go to someplace fast (like here for example) I just click on the Icon (shortcut) and I'm here..

But its now getting to be to much clutter so my question is how do I clean up my desktop and yet be able to use shortcuts to my favorite web sites?..can I condense my 50 or so icon shortcuts to just a few?

Please note: I have very little computer tech knowledge so step by step instructions would be appreciated..
    thanks!

2. Right Click on your desktop.

Scroll Down to "new"

Click Folder

Rename Folder: "Desktop Shortcuts"

Move icons to folder.

- Spydertrader

3. Use bookmarks on your browser. Using desktop shortcuts for webpages is inefficient. Organize your bookmarks by priority.

4. Momento

Momento

5. If you're not too computer "savvy", I'd recommend just sticking with IE. Firefox messes up alot of settings you may be used to, it's kind of a pain to get things back the way they were.

6. Hey Thanks,

I needed that!

7. jumbojack

jumbojack

that's what i'm doing too, i drag web sites to my toolbar and remove the text, only the favicon remains. here's a screen shot http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/rusty_nutz/firefox1.jpg

i don't know what illiquid is taling about firefox messing up his settings. yeah, it takes some getting use to it but doesn't mess anything up for me. i know there used to be some web sites that are "optimized" to run with IE, i've yet to see one that won't load with firefox properly. do yourself a favor and get rid of internet exploder

8. Momento

Momento

I don't know exactly what will be messed up... When you make the switch from IE to firefox it actually allows you to import all the bookmarks at once. Not much hassles...:confused:

9. Momento

Momento

Exactly what SlimHarpo needs...
    I know I had the exact same issue with my desktop.

10. #10     Jul 4, 2005