desk fees...black box...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dgmodel, Dec 23, 2002.

1. rtharp-
    has this changed recently? or does it vary? when I met with E.S. at Lynx recently he told me something different.
    uptik

#21     Jan 2, 2003
  2. Boy...I must really be a puss then. Usually, I only make 2 or 3
    trades a day. hehe

#22     Jan 2, 2003
  3. Does it maybe make sense that a "dedicated" trader develops a good trading style with a firm who gives him adequate capital so he can increase his share size, become more profitable, make a good living, stay in business, and it works for everyone.

Don't want to over-simplify this, but it seems to be working rather well.

SoCal...if you're making six figures, with 250K shares a month, you're doing great...don't let anyone give you trouble about it. This game is about consistency, and whatever style works for you.

I apologize if I inferred anything negative about volume per month, I was simply referring to the fact that "most" of our "good" traders, average about 1 Million shares or more per month....and things change, as we all know.

Don

#23     Jan 2, 2003
  4. jeffgus

jeffgus

How many of your traders do trade 1 million a month. generally the the guys I run to and trade 50K a day, complain about commissions eating away at their Gross P/L. The big trader/big volume thing is way overrated. P/L is ALL THATS COUNTS.

Well, unless you are on the other side of that commission.:mad:

#24     Jan 5, 2003
  5. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

i avg. 20k shares a day... at a penny a share...

#25     Jan 5, 2003