DeSantis for the win

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 21, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Hard to say. There are eateries that did not open and as a result, they've lost patrons to those who have. Breakfast place in our neighborhood has been packed. I don't hold it against a business if they don't want to open, that's their choice. I'll go back once they do.

The only thing I won't do is go to get a massage from my massage therapist because she says we have to wear a mask. That's not comfortable, so I've said forget it.

#51     Jun 17, 2020
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Deaths at all time lows. We're fine, thanks for caring.

#52     Jun 17, 2020
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

And they'll all live (assuming this is where they got infected in the first place). Better than the business owner being put out of business because he can't reopen.

We were told to stay inside until we "flattened the curve". Done.

#53     Jun 17, 2020
  4. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Had a killer steak last night at our best steak joint. Allen Brothers porterhouse cooked suvie and finished on a flat top. They have reduced capacity so it was a nice quiet experience in a place that is normally a bit loud. Not a mask in sight.

You've been on a bit of a rant about this for some time. I'm trying to reconcile that with the normally-rational-gwb. Perhaps you've a medical background I am unaware of. But you seem to expect the country to be quarantined until there are no cases and that, of course, is a very extreme position. Expect push back to say the least.

#54     Jun 17, 2020
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I've given up trying to reconcile what is an exceptionally logical mind in every other topic, but when it comes to covid, he loses his mind.

He doesn't have a medical background, he has family he says are in the field. Ok. But when he told me that me breaking social distancing was akin to putting a gun to his family's head and pulling the trigger, I knew he had gone over the falls. He actually considered flaunting social distance norms as the same thing as homicide by firearm. Boggles the mind!

#55     Jun 17, 2020
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Yeah the 55 deaths yesterday taken from their daily report is an all time low...

[​IMG]

#56     Jun 17, 2020
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So 55 people died yesterday, but 2 died the day before, eh? And this seems to happen every week? This virus has amazing patterns!

By the way, wasn't it you who said to provide the data source or it was meaningless?

#57     Jun 17, 2020
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Why don't you try using a 3 day or 7 day moving average.

#58     Jun 17, 2020
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ah, and when that doesn't work, I should use a 10 day or 15 day one right? Whatever trend line helps the bullshit!

Still doesn't explain the spike and then fall pattern each week.

#59     Jun 17, 2020
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

upload_2020-6-17_16-13-6.png

Could be double or triple this amount and it still wouldn't justify shutting the state down.

#60     Jun 17, 2020
    jem likes this.