DeSantis for the win

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 21, 2020.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

This is the daily report provided by the State of Florida. Over 1000 pages long each day -- feel free to dig into it.

Your source was the Florida dashboard which is plagued by deliberate delays and other issues as DeSantis attempts to hide information so he can drive his re-opening political agenda.

The daily report provides recent information on testing numbers.

#41     Jun 8, 2020
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ok, fine. I fully expected you to tell me why the source we both used originally (that didn't support your narrative) should be discarded. Your new source still shows an increase of approximately 9200 tests per day week over week. That's substantial and likely a massive driver - if not THE driver - in the case count increase.

Additionally, the deaths we were "promised" to happen - no where to be found (thankfully). We'll do another update in two weeks since the data isn't conclusive.

#42     Jun 8, 2020
  3. jem

jem

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    #43     Jun 8, 2020
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Gov. DeSantis has 'lost control of Florida's COVID-19 response'
    https://weartv.com/news/local/nikki...as-lost-control-of-floridas-covid-19-response

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried is criticizing Gov. Ron DeSantis' handling of the COVID-19 pandemic as the state saw it's largest one-day recorded number of cases on Tuesday.

Florida reported 2,783 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday -- this topping the previous high of 2,581 cases on Sunday. In all, Florida is now at 80,109 total cases.

Fried released this statement Tuesday afternoon:

Today’s record-high new cases makes it clear: Governor DeSantis has lost control of Florida’s COVID-19 response. His policies are simply not working, and he’s recklessly reopening Florida despite the data screaming for caution. Refusing to acknowledge the alarming patterns in cases, hospitalizations, and positivity is not only arrogant, but will cost lives, public health, and our economy. To our citizens, I implore you to wear masks and continue social distancing – and just because a place is open, doesn’t mean it’s safe to go there. To our local governments, please encourage your residents to stay home, mask up, and socially distance. If the Governor is unwilling to make the right decisions, then they must be made in our cities, our states, and our homes. We are in this together, and I will continue fighting on behalf of all Floridians.

Fried says the spike in cases “cannot be attributed to more testing.”

Most of Florida recently entered Phase 2 of its reopening plan on June 5.

#44     Jun 17, 2020
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, sorry - don't care what Fried says. Both the numbers being reported and the situation on the ground (I see it every day) show us doing just fine. We'll keep on, keepin' on while you and your scare narrative goes to work elsewhere. Thanks.

Everyone I've talked to in restaurants, neighbors, retail, gym, etc., are all happy to get back to work. No one is afraid of the bullshit anymore. Thankfully.

upload_2020-6-17_15-28-28.png

upload_2020-6-17_15-28-55.png

#45     Jun 17, 2020
    Snarkhund likes this.
  6. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

I'm amazed that anyone still regards Covid as an issue. It dropped off the radar screen weeks ago around here.

As an aside I've changed my patronage from businesses that closed when they didn't have to over to businesses who stayed open when they were allowed to.

If I was your customer and you failed to operate your business when allowed to then you've permanently lost my business. Democratic capitalism, the hidden hand lol.

#46     Jun 17, 2020
  7. Ricter

Ricter

You're so powerful lol.

#47     Jun 17, 2020
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You're doing fine. Whatever...

Florida reports another 2,610 cases and passes 3,000 deaths from COVID-19
    https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/06/17/coronavirus-florida-cases-spike-3000-deaths-covid-19/

Florida reported another 2,610 cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday morning and saw its coronavirus death toll rise over 3,000. Those numbers come one day after the state set a record with 2,783 new cases.

(more at above url)

#48     Jun 17, 2020
  9. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

We all do what we can...

Pointing my money at firms who serve my needs, reliably, seems sensible enough.

If my favorite trattoria wants to stay closed that is their decision not mine. I'm just saying that I'm not coming back to those businesses whose services I have had to replace during this NONSENSE crisis.

#49     Jun 17, 2020
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Enjoy your eating out...

Florida woman and 15 friends test positive for COVID-19 after eating out
    https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/fl...itive-for-covid-19-after-eating-out/19148486/

A Florida woman and 15 of her friends tested positive for the coronavirus after having dinner at a restaurant in Jacksonville.

Erika Crisp, a healthcare worker, said after being stuck inside for months during the pandemic, she and her friends decided to have dinner at Lynch's Irish Pub on June 6. She said she has been sick since.

"We were careless and we went out into a public place before we should have, and we weren't wearing masks," she said, adding that she believes reopening happened too soon.

Seven employees from Lynch's also have COVID-19, and the general manager shut down voluntarily last weekend for a deep cleaning

On May 18, phase one of Florida's reopening plan went into full effect, and restaurants, malls, libraries and gyms were able to open at 50% capacity.

#50     Jun 17, 2020