DeSantis for the win

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 21, 2020.

1. Democrat states counting as many deaths as possible as Covid deaths to make Trump look bad.

But then those numbers will be compared to red states.

Dem Governors are starting to look like idiots.

#21     May 26, 2020
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You got it! Work on your next excuse for why the end of the world isn't happening. I'm looking forward to the creativity.

#22     May 26, 2020
  3. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

East.. Treasure Coast.

#23     May 26, 2020
    ElCubano and Tsing Tao like this.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Welcome to the land of no state tax, lots of sun, and crazy lunatics the world reads about on social media.

#24     May 26, 2020
  5. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

lol

I'm still in disbelief at the idea of having a republican Governor that is not trying to tax or quarantine me to death. Its... sublime.

The weather is a concern on several levels and its not easy getting a real estate agent to understand you need a slip that is on the lee side of something big like some land. They want to talk about granite countertops and all I care about is my boat not getting smashed in weather.

#25     May 26, 2020
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Well, the good thing about hurricanes is that we all can see them coming ahead of time. Any particular reason you settled on the east coast and not the west? West tends to be much more sheltered when it comes to tropical events.

#26     May 26, 2020
  7. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Yes, the west is better for shelter and for more value, bigger home for the money etc. I'm trying to be more centrally located to occasional work up on the Space Coast.

#27     May 26, 2020
  8. wildchild

wildchild

Well DeSantis nailed it. It is almost as if he had me for an advisor.

Why Were ‘Experts’ So Wrong About Florida?
    Politics, not science, inspired the demonization of Ron DeSantis.
    https://spectator.org/experts-wrong-florida-ron-desantis-coronavirus-shutdown-reopening/

Last week, the Florida National Guard offered free COVID-19 testing in Collier County, but they weren’t overwhelmed with panic-stricken residents seeking tests. Located on the state’s southwest coast, Collier has not been a viral hotspot, and there seems to be little danger of a major outbreak there. With a population of about 385,000, the county has reported 1,334 coronavirus infections since March. Only 178 of those cases required hospitalization, and as of Wednesday, the county had recorded 46 deaths from the disease. The worst problem for local residents was when Naples reopened its beaches earlier this month, prompting an influx of “out-of-towners,” including residents from the Miami area, which has the highest COVID-19 rate in the state and where beaches are still closed.

Invoking the authority of “experts” has become habitual in the media’s partisan warfare over the coronavirus. Their objectives are (a) the promotion of irrational fear and (b) blaming Trump and other Republicans.

Overall, Florida has been one of the safest states in the country during this pandemic, confounding all the media “experts,” whose dire predictions for the Sunshine State have failed to materialize. For a couple of weeks in late March, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was incessantly denounced in the media because he was reluctant to issue a statewide “stay-at-home” order. DeSantis’s argument was that the state’s outbreak was largely confined to three counties — Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, and Broward — on Florida’s southeast coast. Local officials were implementing their own lockdown policies to contain these outbreaks, while state officials were concentrating their efforts on ensuring that Florida’s elderly population was protected from the virus. Given these circumstances, shutting down all “nonessential” business statewide was not necessary, DeSantis argued.

#28     May 29, 2020
    elderado and Tsing Tao like this.
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I disagree that the experts are trying to promote irrational fear. I believe they are genuinely interested in saving lives. The problem is that when they are wrong they remain silent. They shouldn't be looked at as the only part of the equation. A good leader should consider their input, and the other side of the equation before going full on with advice offered by people with a "model" that hasn't been tested simply because someone has "credentials" that align with the topic at hand.

So stupid.

#29     May 29, 2020
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Here we are! Two weeks later. And we're still looking good.

upload_2020-6-8_10-42-19.png

Please note that the previous chart had a high mark of 60 back on 5.4, but since that isn't included in this chart, the chart has "auto sized" to compensate. This may provide the illusion of a bad situation.

So what is the reason now? Florida has been open for a month now. Aaaannny day now?

#30     Jun 8, 2020