DeSantis for the win

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 21, 2020.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Try using Google - "beachfront condos for rent st pete beach fl"

In fact the situation seems dire for landlords -- many ads with "Just Reduced. Last minute October, November dates now"

Go to any of the booking sites found in the search - there is plenty of inventory between now and April. Much of it at reduced rates.

https://www.travelocity.com/St-Pete-Beach-Condos.d9802-aaCondos.Travel-Guide-Accommodation

[​IMG]

#2111     Nov 2, 2020
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Florida is ranked 11 in terms of deaths per 1M pop. Texas is 21. Looks like they're doing ok compared to many other states. Where are your comments on those states?

upload_2020-11-2_8-37-27.png

#2112     Nov 2, 2020
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Most places require a mask inside. When you sit down to eat you can take them off (which is hilarious, because the virus obviously isn't rude enough to disrupt your meal, so you're safe. Or something)

#2113     Nov 2, 2020
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're right, I shouldn't have stated "sold out". I was speaking specifically to the condo building where my boss has property on the beach he rents - all the units there are booked solid because the snow birds that come down come every year to these same units.

As for your advertisements, that happens every year, there's nothing different about any of this. Many of those (I clicked) are showing rates in the 250 and 350 a night. That's not what i'd call "bargain basement".

#2114     Nov 2, 2020
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Plenty of inventory at $89 per night also. Rates vary to the quality of the premises.
    What do you consider "bargain basement"?

Of course, this leads to the next question.... have the snow birds renting the units showed up? Plenty of Canadians are stuck at home.

#2115     Nov 2, 2020
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Go out to January and Feb and you see things like "sold out" or "1 unit left". You're at the beginning of the snow bird season. Some will holiday up north and then come after the new year.

I know a few folks who rent to snowbirds and they aren't claiming it is slow. There might be Canadians who are stuck but there are also people in the NE who have money and want the hell out of there.

#2116     Nov 2, 2020
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I will admit that I do not know much (first hand) about the snowbird market in Florida -- just what I see in the press. So I will concede that you have a lot more understanding of the market dynamics.

#2117     Nov 2, 2020
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm not an expert either, so I cannot attest that I am. All I know is what I see with my "lyin' eyes". And right now, Tampa St. Pete is doing very well. Whether it remains as such (if some of your posted prophecies come true) we will have to see.

#2118     Nov 2, 2020
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

like I said previously;

#2119     Nov 2, 2020
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Actually though, I didn't run into too many restaurants/bars that required you to have them on when entering. ----- Walgreens is a different story.

#2120     Nov 2, 2020