Dept of Education Civil Rights Division wants secret trials for sexual stereotyping

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, May 7, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

An excellent idea actually, federal funding and to some extent the tax codes are among their most powerful means to force compliance of their subjects.

#11     May 8, 2011
  2. Ha Ha Ha !!!

Keyboard Revolutionaries LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

#12     May 8, 2011
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

What is your solution? Or do you even have one?

#13     May 8, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

I think the 2012 Congressional elections needs to be a referendum on term limits. The only way to get rid of a self-serving Congress is through term limits. I don't think the Founders envisioned career Congressmen and Senators. We need to return to representation of the people, not of the Congressman.

One other thing, Congress needs to assert itself and take back the powers it has slowly been losing to the President. The President has become too powerful for one man to hold.

#14     May 8, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've been preaching the need for congressional term limits for some time now. What I find amazing is that there are those who actually oppose term limits for these ass holes.

#15     May 8, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sing daily praises to his exalted messiah Obama.

#16     May 8, 2011
  7. I'm not going to post a long list of unrealistic opinions but I'd be happy to bring back the Clinton era.Bring back Clinton level taxes,reform welfare again,balanced budget, every government agency goes back to 2000 level funding,no major wars like Iraq unless the US is attacked on its soil etc.I would like this country to have universal heath care and I believe it can be done

Not perfect,but realistic and much better then we are now

#17     May 8, 2011
  8. Larson

Larson Guest

I have to agree. Although repeal of Glass-Steagall and Greenspan believing his own press he was royalty and LTCM did a lot of damage at the end of the Clinton era. The reaction to 911 has totally f**ked the whole system up. I think the 90's are gone for good, hope I am wrong.

#18     May 8, 2011
  9. I agree.There are a lot of things like Glass-Steagall and Greenspan I didnt bring up and would like changed but I was just giving an overall view

I also agree about 9-11,no need to put the country trillions in debt,taking all our liberties,2 wars etc because 3,000 lives were lost.Just strategically go after the terrorists who did it imo

#19     May 8, 2011
  10. Actually, going back to "Clinton level taxes" would make a marginal impact on the budget. It would barely make a dent. It would cost more jobs and end up hurting the budget really.

Government agencies are actually one of the biggest parasites. Many of them shouldn't even exist. The department of education for example which has a 71 billion dollar budget, on top of another 100 billion they got from the "stimulus" package.

This nation was doing just fine without a centralized dept of education. In fact our scores started to tank a couple years after it was established. Before the dept of education, we consistently were one of the top nations in terms of education.

The best thing we could possibly do would be to start kicking out the illegals and secure the border. 30 million NEW JOBS for TAX PAYING Americans. Mostly unskilled or lowskilled jobs. That means they are jobs for the poorest Americans. Less workers means that employers would have to raise wages to attract labor. Kicking out the 30 million illegals would be the best thing we could possibly do for poor and jobless Americans, yet for some reason, these bleeding heart ankle grabbers aren't interested in that.

#20     May 8, 2011