depression next year

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dumb_mother, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Obesity doesn't just apply to the human body. Look at where housing prices went.

We need a good depression to get people out of the mind set that the gubment is gonna get things back where they were.

The way things were sucked. Attitudes need to be adjusted.

#11     Dec 1, 2008
  2. And yet they still wore suits and hats waiting in the soup line.

#12     Dec 1, 2008
  3. Get with the times, now they wear Sean John, Fubu and Nike hightop sneakers in the soup lines.

#13     Dec 1, 2008
  4. Well 9% unemployment doesn't look too bad in metro Detroit suburbia but i fear once GM is denied money this week the saturation effect of how bad this is going to be will hit here first.

I'll let you guys know.

I think the end game in all this is a devaluation of our currency.

You know issue something new like 1 old usd= 15 new ones. (clearly an arbitrary # since i'm not going to research an acceptable number to appease the fact nazi's on et).

Ya i think that's what is going to happen.

Check out the pic....
    http://rense.com/

#14     Dec 1, 2008
  5. Had to comment real quick on this too.

Back then people had some dignity. Wearing their best at their worst.

Yes, unfortunately that time is gone.

gimme dat fubu and dem new jooodans mang.

#15     Dec 1, 2008
  6. I want to post the pic even though I'm firmly in the deflation camp for now (and big time deflation at that; and yes, even now, after much air has been let out of prices):

[​IMG]

#16     Dec 1, 2008
  7. "Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

-- Ronald Reagan

#17     Dec 1, 2008
  8. Well i too think deflation is underway. Hedge funds can't pull the money out fast enough. Not to mention the decreased foreign demand for commodities.

However, we all know our debt is so huge we will never ever pay it off. Along with NObama planning to create millions of infrastructure jobs. Where is he going to get the money for that?

Easy way out of this massive debt is to eventually, say sorry world we f'd up and were going to devalue our currency, it's the only way.
    You remember that movie where they have usd in "green backs" and i think "red backs" Escape from L.A. maybe...or Demolition man, i forget.

Thoughts?.....awesome pic eh?

#18     Dec 2, 2008