Depression is Local

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Don't you just HAVE to give a guy a shot who represents the Constitution Party? I mean, if you're a REAL American and all...

#11     Oct 13, 2010
  2. Tried to talk wife into moving to Texas, but she says No.... too hot.

#12     Oct 13, 2010
  3. Todays fastest growing city can easily turn into tommorrows ghost town. I moved to Las Vegas in 1997 and it was the fastest growing city several years in a row. (I think it went down to the #2 spot in 2005) Anyway...I left that year and apparently, so did half the city. Today Vegas is a virtual ghost town. They say that something like 81% of mortgages are underwater in Vegas. Be wary of cities that are fast growing...they can turn into the fastest declining cities overnight.

#13     Oct 13, 2010
  4. I was checking various stat sites and CO #3 best for economic outlook, TX being #1. I was surprised AK ranked #50, CA and HI tied for #47.

#14     Oct 13, 2010
  5. True but it depends on what caused the boom as you know. Housing and gambling turned out to be the same, gambling on housing prices. Colorado and Texas have much more diverse economies. Denver has high tech, telecom, energy, etc.

It is funny that NV is a business friendly state and it's hurting bad.

#15     Oct 13, 2010
  6. A state's economic situation isn't a personal concern... it's just that Texas has somewhat of an anti-Big Government and self-reliance spirit.

#16     Oct 13, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Tell her that Amarillo may be a good idea then. I have a Friend there, and he said he would move when he dies. Lol!

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Texas/Amarillo/

#17     Oct 13, 2010
  8. Interesting website. I did Air Force basic training in Amarillo, but that was all in the Spring. Not that much hotter than Denver, actually.

(I could tell her, "not that much hotter", but I'm sure she'll have another excuse... LOL)

#18     Oct 13, 2010
  9. [​IMG]
    Republican Guv'na Rick Perry Placarding Demorats & Runnin for ReLection

#19     Oct 15, 2010