Depression Equivalent Unemployment Rate Higher Than 17.5%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Daal

Daal

I wouldn't trust Shadow stats either. That guy has fantasies about having sex wearing tin foil

#11     Mar 6, 2009
  2. gnome

gnome

Who knows what the "truth" is... other than the Gummint ain't telling it.

#12     Mar 6, 2009
  3. #13     Mar 6, 2009

4. While John Williams is a hyperinflation conspiracy type... I believe his stats are closer to the actual.

#14     Mar 6, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

When oil hits $15 he will be talking about how inflation ex-food and energy is soaring :p

#15     Mar 6, 2009
  6. Prosperity is just around the corner though! [for public sector workers, forget the private sector, it's being treated like an ugly step child currently]

#16     Mar 6, 2009
  7. kandlekid

kandlekid

No. This is just those filing. The figure for long term unemployed, discouraged, etc could be (and almost certainly is) higher.

#17     Mar 7, 2009
  8. Looking inside the numbers, the economy isn't that bad if your not a piker.

High school graduates, no college unemployment rate 9.6%

Bachelor's degree and higher unemployment rate 4.2%

#18     Mar 7, 2009
  9. piezoe

piezoe

A question, where are you getting your tax facts from? Obama's just proposed a 2010 budget includes over a trillion dollars of NET income tax decreases, not increases. The bush tax cuts don't expire until late 2010. It remains to be seem whether there will be a net increase or decrease for 2011, but income tax decreases for the vast majority of US citizens are expected to carry over into 2011. I just don't understand what this tax "increase" talk is all about because it flies in the face of reality. On the other hand, if you want to talk about an increase in indirect taxation via inflation than you may be closer to the truth.

#19     Mar 7, 2009
  10. I'm sure MBAs account for 4% of that 4.2%.

#20     Mar 7, 2009