Depression Equivalent Unemployment Rate Higher Than 17.5%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Mar 6, 2009.

1. that's good, because maybe we are closer than we think in reaching the top of the unemployment rate
    what did it top out at during the Great Depression?

2. gnome

gnome

John Williams' Shadow Government Statistics website was showing TRUE enemployment of 18% a few months ago...

When we reach THE bottom, (2014-2016?) we're going to find an unemployment rate of 20-ish percent... THERE WON'T BE ENOUGH JOBS TO GO AROUND... what's to be done about that... ?????

3. So ...the gummint should state two rates when comparing versus the previous depression....

Roughly just over 2x what is stated by the numbers massagers...

One would suppose that these people who have been left out of the count are wondering if they are "real people"....

4. gnome

gnome

"Real people" or not... they're a burden upon somebody... family, kindness of strangers, Gummint welfare or charities... they still gotta eat!

It's the SHITS that Gummint distorts and lies about almost everything...

I guess we "... Can't handle the truth..."

:mad: :mad:

5. umemployment is only 8.1%. You guys are full of it.

6. Gnome....

When we reach THE bottom, (2014-2016?) we're going to find an unemployment rate of 20-ish percent... THERE WON'T BE ENOUGH JOBS TO GO AROUND... what's to be done about that... ?????

.....................................................................................

The Obama platform is one that would usually happen when there is a lot of "fat" in the system....

To implemet "higher taxes" and "anti business policies" is truly telling not only about Obama....but about the whole Obama staff....

I would suspect that there will be some similarity to some of the developing countries....If you have the right color political card in your wallet....you may get on the government payroll....where efficiency is nowhere to be found....and your job title could be most anything....with or without experience....you give your vote....you get some type of government job....which you may or may not be qualified to do....

The next phase is that the government becomes the only money game in town.....getting revenue from taxes on essentials....

At the tipping point for a "failed state" status....

Government corruption becomes sureal....

At the moment...the most stable employment stat is in the govt. sector....

ie....10 people poorly paid on payroll where only one is actually needed....and this is no joke in the developing countries where unemployment of 17% is normal....which is also a massaged number....17=30 etc....This is why the developing world elections can become so spirited....The right color political card gets the jobs....and if there is a transition....it takes time for government operations to start to run smoothly because everybody is new on the job.....and may never run smoothly....

7. So, leading up to and during the Great Depression how many jobs were worthless service sector/paper pushing/wealth redistribution jobs, and how many were actually productive jobs?

Compared to back then, I'd say the inverse has occurred in the makeup of jobs. We have a higher percentage of paper pushing worthless jobs than we did back then.

We'll surpass the unemployment rate of the Great Depression, the gov't won't admit it. But we will.

Our economy is a house of cards, full of people tapping on computer keys (myself included).

I'd say we'll hit over 30% unemployment. And I'm being conservative.

8. Says the guy who believes everything the government tells him..

Also, the Dow should be at least at 10,300...

#10     Mar 6, 2009