Depression coming? What do?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tycoonman, Dec 13, 2011.

1. When I graduated from college, I went to work for NASA and when I got there, I found out that I wouldn't be paid for 4 weeks. Well I toughed it out for 3 weeks and ran out of money. So I went to the credit union to borrow 10 dollars to tied me over till payday.

They asked me why I needed the money and did I have any collateral and I replied the money was for food and no collateral. They refused to lend me the money!!!

So i went to the personnel office and tried to borrow the money there. The personnel manager wouldn't lend me any money either but he agreed to cosign my note and I finally got the 10 dollars.

This taught me a lesson that I will never forget.

If I were unemployed and without prospects, I would sell everything I owned except my lawn mower and buy a van and move into it.

No kidding!!!

#11     Dec 14, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Contradictory terms.

#12     Dec 14, 2011
  3. ==========
    Good points:D ;
    but why knives,i have plenty of knives allready :D

Also I just bought a new book[$1.oo USD,LOL} on the great[1929...] depression-drought;
    stocks were much more leveraged/lower %% drop,
    they had a nationwide drought,
    nationwide topsoil storms,dirt hit dirty city of Chicago... ,he he,
    nationwide huge increase of bank failures,
    Arkansas had 39% unemployment; 25 /+% unemployment nationwide
    no unemployment insurance,
    no food stamps,
    no exec orders banning gold[except ''coins with special value to collectors of rare & unusual coins ''LOL...]

However Smoot Hally tax/tarifff stupidity & housing crash is strangly similiar ...

:mad:

#13     Dec 14, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

+1

#14     Dec 14, 2011
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Look for good entry points on the upcoming bull market.

Seriously, there is only a small chance of a recession in the US. There are also no inflation/deflation issues at all. Ignoring certain aspects of Europe, things are actually settling down nicely now.

However, on ET some of you love talking about depressions and hyperinflation like they are frequent occurances that come every couple of years. I can only guess its because a lot of traders are in their early twenties and the 2008 market crash has skewed their senses.

You are probably joking fishing for idiots to agree with your thesis. Or you are serious ? Hard to tell on Elite Trader, some people aren't that clear on reality sometimes. Others just talking their book trying to run up metal prices or short the hell out of stocks hoping for some catastrophic event. Like a post on here really affects anything market wise.

#15     Dec 14, 2011
  6. My god, the stupidity never ceases to amaze me. This would be great satire if you weren't so mentally challenged.

The Fed doesn't hold rates at zero percent for five years because the economy is doing well.

I'd have more respect for your perma-bullishness if you were to actually forecast a "bull market" due to perpetual quantitative easing or currency devaluation.

#16     Dec 14, 2011
  7. Even simpler, just own more guns-n-ammo. Then take what you need by force.
    Cocked, locked and ready to rock!
    ...yep, there's fuckers like me out there.

#17     Dec 14, 2011
  8. Wow, the bears are feeling very confident right now.

#18     Dec 14, 2011
  9. the "bulls" the "bears" yada yada yada...

the "bulls" can be very confident at 10AM and the "bears" can be very confident by 11AM. It's irrelavant in the grand scheme of things.

#19     Dec 14, 2011
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Reviewing your posting history it is clear your main role is as an internet agitator that has very little economic knowledge or trading ability. Buying metals was a good decision because its simple and won't tax your brain too hard, although since you last recommended this strategy 4-5 months ago its a losing trade.

There is little evidance to suggest when you bought into this strategy though. How easy would it be to look at an upwardly trending equity or commodity and claim you bought it early and held throughout.

Anybody who knows me in real life knows I am a well educated common sense kind of guy in the upper bracket of what some call "intelligence". My main weakness is I grant credibility/attention to those who don't deserve it by their behaviour. In reality, given your track record on this site ( or lack thereof ), addressing you would be like asking the server at McDonalds where the market is going. Why do I care ? Maybe curiousity, but in your case, Denner, time's up I think you're useless. How you have characterized my post is ridiculous, and reflects clearly on you as likely being an uneducated pompous boob unworthy of anyone's consideration on this forum.

I don't care if you dislike my opinion. I'd like people to think for themselves more on this forum and shun this kind of agitator bs that some of you live for.

#20     Dec 14, 2011