Department of Justice: Chris Christie spent big on hotels

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 9, 2010.

1. We don't know the exact amount because the lying Odumba who promised transparency during the campaign no longer thinks he's accountable to taxpayers who pay the bills. But that will change with Darrell Issa.

P.S. You need your little pointed head examined too.

#11     Nov 9, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

100% true. anyone who has traveled on business knows this. if you must be in town for a meeting, and the hotels only have the max rate available, you have no choice but to spend the night in order to make the meeting. what should you do? sleep in the alley?

i've gone over my expense allotment in the same way, and had to clear it with my accounting group. the response is always the same: "did you try to book at the lesser rate? you did? ok, that's all we can do."

stupid article from a stupid source, posted by a stupid ET user.

#12     Nov 10, 2010
  3. Booking ahead of time usually helps... Christie could have also slept at the Holiday Inn, or even the Red Carpet Inn, with all the common folk. Wouldn't have caused death....

#13     Nov 10, 2010
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

again, not sure how much you travel on business, but when I travel, sometimes i cannot book in advance. that's just the nature of urgent meetings.

secondly, sometimes there isn't a room available when conventions are in town, or the nearest "holiday inn" etc., is 50 miles away.

it's called "perspective" and you need it if you're going to throw stones.

i'm not saying christie couldn't have done better, but squabbling over 94$ on each of 23 trips, when the state is TENS OF BILLIONS over budget because of union folly and despicable spending is a bit like not seeing the forest for the trees. and if that's all you got to make Christie into a demon, you're not going to be very successful.

#14     Nov 10, 2010
  5. Shocker… Far Left DOJ Crackpot Was Behind Christie Hit Piece
    Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 11:51 AM

What a shock. The person behind the Department of Justice Chris Christie hit piece is a radical far left activist with a troubled work history.

The Daily Caller reported:

#15     Nov 16, 2010
  6. Not to mention that "$2,176 more than his budgeted rate over the course of 23 trips" is less than what Obama spent PER SECOND on his Mumbai trip.

#16     Nov 16, 2010
  7. What were the conditions under which the hotels were booked that went over?

Did the author determine if he just overspent or perhaps there was a reason he overspent. For example: Maybe there was a conference in town or something along those lines.

I suppose that 4 dollar a day overages weren't worth the authors time to check and the truth would remove the shock value of the 4 dollar a day overages.

You are truly an idiot.

#17     Nov 16, 2010