Denver vs. New Orleans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EqtTrdr, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Denver Post:
    This text is from a county emergency manager out in the central part of Colorado after todays snowstorm.

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here, in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a Historic event--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV .

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snowstorm. Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.

No Larry King, No Bill O'Reilly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.

No Sean Penn, No Barbara Streisand, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water. Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars. The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny. Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snowbound families. Families took in the stranded people - total strangers. We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns. We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves. "In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate." It does seem that way, at least to me.

The world does Not owe you a living.

2. what's the body count

3. you know it's funny, researching into the Katrina body count just out of sheer curiosity, i stumbled on an interesting bush scandal i'd never seen before... "funeralgate"

there is literally a bush scandal under every controversial stone in the river. read this about Service Corporation International to whom bush/brown gave the contract for katrina body count and handling, seriously it's kind of astounding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funeralgate

HOW many investigations/testimonies has Bush been controversially protected from? anyone incapable of at least acknowledging the seemingly clear pattern of dubious affiliations and inexplicable exculpations in bush's past and present is willfully blind in my humble opinion

Harken energy, SCI Intl investigation, off record 911 testimony ... i'm sure the list goes on

4. I guess there was snow inside their houses upto the ceilings...

What a bunch of fucking morons... This stupid piece goes to show how ignorant people can be. They are comparing a snow storm with a deluge...

Motherf**k**s, don't you understand that you can't breathe when you are in water?

Don't you f**k**g understand that during a flood, water enters your homes and you have to sit inside your attic or on your roof waiting for the water to go down, which can take weeks?

Don't you inbreds understand that the flooding of New Orleans was caused by the failure of federal levees that were deemed safe?

Why the hell do you compare apples and oranges? Perhaps because your biological parents were siblings and that caused that birth defect in you where you can't think. :mad:

5. Hey, he does take care of his friends... remember "heckuvajob brownie"?

6. bush has an established pattern of systematically evading the courts and there appear to be a bush or bush sr appointee behind every instance.

an established pattern of similar events with 3 common attributes:

1. a conflict of interest
    2. excusal from testimony
    3. a family appointee

7. Bush's fault:
    http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060804/NEWS/608040353/-1/State
    By Brian Skoloff
    Associated Press
    When Hurricane Katrina ripped through New Orleans, more than 10,000 people refused evacuation because they wouldn't leave behind their most precious possessions - their pets.

Some who stayed with their pets became casualties...

We ain't usin' no stinkin' school buses: Bush's fault
    http://katrinacoverage.com/2005/09/08/nagin-on-schoolbuses-vs-greyhound.html
    mayor Ray Nagin's impassioned 9/1 interview on WWL radio:
    "I need 500 buses, man," he told WWL. "One of the briefings we had they were talking about getting, you know, public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out of here."

"I'm like - you've got to be kidding me. This is a natural disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans."

While Nagin was waiting for his Greyhound fleet, Katrina's floodwaters swamped his school buses, rendering them unusable.

AND SOME STILL WOULD NOT LEAVE: Bush's fault

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/re...or-tells-police/2005/09/07/1125772570446.html
    Remove survivors by force, mayor tells police
    New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has given police the green light today to forcibly remove survivors of Hurricane Katrina who refuse to leave their homes or the city.

8. Why did you forget to mention that it was chimpboy's fault that he did not have the FEMA ready to face the challenge?

Why did you forget to mention that it was chimpboy's fault that he still has not reformed FEMA so that it is ready to face another challenge? Do you know that after almost 1-1/2 years of the carnage, thousands of New Orleanians do not have their FEMA assigned trailers to live in?

What a freakin' joke you are... trying to defend the chimpboy.

9. How many bodies were recovered from Denver? Katrina claimed 1697 victims. Only idiots like Bush (and the starter of this thread) can fail to grasp the scale of the Katrina disaster, and try to trivialize it.

And remember, while Bush was praising "heckuva job" Brown, this was happening in New Orleans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and many more...

Where is your conscience?

10. What good would FEMA do? People were supposed to leave New Orleans as they were told to do, but refused.

The point I was making was that the blame needs to be spread around a bit more. Tens of thousands of people refused to leave before and after the hurricane.

I know a family that was from New Orleans. Their house stood about 13 to 18 feet below sea level. They were SMART ENOUGH to leave New Orleans for higher ground. They lost everything except the clothes they were wearing. They lost a house that they still have to make payments on and no insurance to cover the loss. No income and debt beyond description, penniless. They did not wait around sitting on their lazy asses waitin' fer their FEMA trailer.

They moved to Florida and the father of the family got a job doing construction work, something that he had never done before. Then he started a business remodeling homes. They already bought land in Tennessee to build a house on. They are light years ahead of everyone else a waitin' fer their FEMA trailer.

If a tornado destroyed the small town that I live in, I doubt we would receive any kind of gummint assistance. Nor would we wait around expecting it.

I think I'll just sit here & wait fer my FEMA trailer while the industrious, responsible people run circles around me.

#10     Jan 3, 2007