Dennis Miller, trying to help

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MondoTrader, Apr 2, 2003.

1. TRYING TO HELP

By Dennis Miller

All the rhetoric on whether or not we should go to war against Iraq has Got my insane little brain spinning like a roulette wheel. I enjoy reading opinions from both sides, but I have detected a hint of confusion from some of you.

As I was reading the paper recently, I was reminded of the best advice someone ever gave me. He told me about the KISS method ("Keep it Simple, Stupid"). So, with this as a theme, I'd like to apply this theory for those who don't quite get it. My hope is that we can simplify things a bit and recognize a few important facts.

Here are 9 things to consider when voicing an opinion on this important issue:

1) President Bush and Saddam Hussein.....Hussein is the bad guy.

2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing, keep this in mind. They have Libya heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own math here.

3) If you use Google Search and type in "French Military Victories," your reply will be "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"

4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No war for oil," sue your school
    district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

5) Saddam and Bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before they try to kill us.

6) Despite what some seem to believe, Martin Sheen is NOT the President. He plays one on T.V.

7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "Infidel" and Bin Laden wants you dead, too.

8) If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy," but not in the danger that Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell computer dude.

9) Whether you are for military action, or against it, our young men and women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out. We all need to support them without reservation.

I hope this helps.

2. 1. That's debatable.

2. Click this link and see who the High Commissioner for Human Rights is.
    Click this link and see who the Under-Secretary General for the Department of Disarmament Affairs is. Click this one and see the members of the Advisory Board on Disarmament.

3. The point being?

4. If your only pro-war slogan is "liberate" Iraq, sue your school
    district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

5. The attack on Iraq has nothing to do with Bin Laden (but that only matters if you care about truth). Ask yourself, out of Iraq and the USA, who has actually -- not mere speculation, but actually -- launched an illegal war on the other.

6. Struggling to find a "number 6" were we?

7. I take it Miller was writing for people unconcerned about truth, as again, attacking Iraq (or not) won't do a damn thing to stop Bin Laden. (PS -- it'll actually inspire a hoarde of Bin Laden wannabes)

8. I'm sure that will help. In any case, does Miller know something about Saddam's plans that the rest of don't?

9. Speak for yourself Miller.

3. Now I know that you don't believe anything you say, because very few people are that dumb.

4. That's the whole point. Everything is debatable. This whole situation is debatable. That's part of realizing that many situations in this world don't have a right or wrong answer.

5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Mondo,

Dennis Miller is certainly not the final word on anything, so if someone questions some of his assertions that doesn't necessarily make that person dumb. Surely it's possible to have a discussion (and you knew posting Miller's list would prompt a discussion) without personal attacks?

6. For the WTC Jumpers

"WHEN THE DEVIL HAD FINISHED ALL THE TEMPTING HE LEFT HIM, TO AWAIT ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY"
    -Luke 5:13

He came back,
    This time for me.
    On the 110th floor I was so close to God
    I could almost grab his beard.
    Never before has heaven been this close to hell.
    I can feel its fire on the floors below
    Raising ash and paper and smoke
    Thick as Satan’s laughter.
    At the window, shattered,
    I look for salvation and he tempts me,
    Dares me to jump,
    Whispering a psalm in my ear
    He spits as he speaks:
    “He will bid his angels watch over you.
    With their hands they will support you.”
    I mumble “Amen,”
    Close my eyes and sense the rush of air.
    I cannot breathe until I finally feel
    Those hands of angels
    Hard as cement against my face.

by Doug Seubert

from,
    http://www.twin-towers.net/jumpers.htm

7. Wow....kind of makes me want to use nukes on the whole middleast.......and of course, france

8. Don't let your anger blanket over innocent people. Remember, the civilized world has to remain better than them. If we nuked them, we'd just be white collar barbarians.

Swallow the pain and move on. We'll rebuild the towers and give back some of Manhattan's old skyline.

9. ....not sure if i believe that anymore.....not when you have these 'barbarians' trying to get these wmd's to nuke us out.

#10     Apr 2, 2003