Dennis Meyers multibar range breakout system

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Sam Mcgee, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Has anyone done some testing of Dennis Meyers multibar range breakout system published on page 42 of the January 2004 issue of Active Trader? Could they possibly post their results? His backtesting shows that it would be profitable for July of this year. I wonder if this was just a good month for the system or could you expect it to be profitable most months?

He has quite a few systems for sale on his website. Does anyone use any of his systems with success? I've heard that his mechanical systems actually work. Is this true?

2. I just read in the TradeStation World forum today that it is a piece of marketing trash - it did not make any money in any other month than the one published - and that month was completely curve fitted. Don't waste any more time on this. - rcm.

3. I believe that Dennis Meyers is worth listening to. He has many sound ideas and a good methodology.

Whether any one particular system is good or not is always open. Also, I doubt that he would disclose anything really good in a magazine for no or very little compensation.