Denise Shull Says Tape Reading Art is Real and Alive

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cornix, Dec 11, 2012.

1. cornix

cornix

Yes, of course legal and ethical assumed a priori. What I like about the markets is they don't actually allow one to be not truthful to him/herself, because one can't cheat his/her own P&L. :)

Even have a feeling trading could be used as effective therapy in relation to some disorders.

#41     Dec 12, 2012
  2. Correct, but message boards and aliases are fertile ground for self deceit.

surf

#42     Dec 12, 2012
  3. cornix

cornix

Yes, but whatever one claims, truth can be hidden from others but him/her.

#43     Dec 12, 2012
  4. Actually, it is one of the defining traits of a 'true believer' that he thinks he is in posession of 'the truth'... :D

By the way, it's pretty pointless to argue about what works in the market and what doesn't because there is no benefit to persuade other people into using working methods. After all, trading is about taking money out of the pockets of other traders, not teaching them how to take yours. :D

#44     Dec 12, 2012
  5. jem

jem

this still goes on.

1. she said price action. she explained how the instrument like apple reacts to previous highs and lows. ...thats called support resistance not just read the book.

although together is how I made a living trading for 7 years.

2. your realize counting and reversion to the mean trading... statistical trading can easily be represented on a chart.

you can set up statistical arb opportunties on chart very easily.

this t/a does not work... essentially means no trading but inside trading can work.

3. For instance... my ex business partner once explained pimped on trading markets the trading method myself and another guy developed in our office.

It worked for the dozen or so people in our office.

It turns out what we were doing was arbing the major nyse stocks back into alignment with the index using moving averages and bollinger bands.

later... machines did it.

But we used charts and they worked for our traders on many different securities.

That was t/a and it made a good living for a bunch of people.... with a steady equity curve.

#45     Dec 12, 2012
  6. jem

jem

one other point...

never mind... you almost got me to give away something which still works.

#46     Dec 12, 2012
  7. Never "got it" about tape reading....

Is that supposed to be you "watch the ticker" and come up with strategic plays?

My brain is pretty good... but I doubt I can't do that.

#47     Dec 12, 2012
  8. :D

#48     Dec 12, 2012
  9. With that said, how do you account for the preponderance of altruistic teacher types on this site who just "want to help" ?

Surf

#49     Dec 12, 2012
  10. This went right over marketsurfers head, LOL

#50     Dec 12, 2012