Dendreon (DNDN) Tuesday. Cure for Cancer? Does stock go to $0, or $75 after Tues.?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Apr 26, 2009.

1. nassau

nassau

Yahoo Finance has an article that says the drop in the price will stand and that Nasdaq will allow the 2 mins of the stock price drop.
    They are saying the ruling if final.
    I am wondering if IB will rebalance our trades as it seems the orders are not being busted?
    Total contrary information coming out from Nasdaq vs the IB bulletin.
    Tomorrow will be interesting as do you play the positions as now are they correct?

w

#31     Apr 28, 2009
  2. just reopened around $25.00 6.15pm eastern standard time.

#32     Apr 28, 2009
  3. bespoke

bespoke

hmm, i thought all trades stood?

i got in 7 seconds before it halted. lucky me.

got out at 27 just now :)

#33     Apr 28, 2009
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Do calls and stock trades have the same busting policies? Could it be that all stock transactions are good, but options transactions are a different story?

#34     Apr 28, 2009
  5. nassau

nassau

My understanding is that a stock drop of x percent will cause a stock to be halted which in turn halts the options as the option premiums or bid / ask are a reflection of the current price.

I have had stocks busted premarket as a result of a drop or gap down.
    In this case Nasdaq has ruled the drop in price was not an error so why any stock or options were busted does not make sense as the market has reopened close enough to the price pre drop.

they allowed the busted orders to be associated to a time frame and can bust trades based on a percent move in a stock down. Never see it halted on a move up or at least I have not to date.
    seen brcm beat earnings by a few cents and jump 18 dollars from mid 30's etc.

What I truly feel sorry for are all those long traders that lost thousands or had their accounts busted only to have the stock back above the halted move.
    best scam in town and no recourse.

w

#35     Apr 28, 2009
  6. hundreds of lawsuits already in the process of being filed.

The NASDAQis stupid to let this happen like this. Even when the rubes win, they get stolen from. The data was superb.

#36     Apr 28, 2009
  7. l1qu1d

l1qu1d

Dr. Byrne why don't you spend more time running your company and less time on internet message boards...And before you say you are not Patrick Byrne, STOP...U obviously are, u both use such similar writing styles and word choices...Pathetic....

#37     Apr 28, 2009
  8. nice! :p

#38     Apr 28, 2009
  9. If those assholes cant figure out how to prevent/rectify a stock being gamed openly like this, they should be fired.

At a bare minimum they should be tracing the trade flow and doing a little waterboarding to get at the truth.

I'm a nice guy, let them put on their bathing suits first.

[​IMG]

#39     Apr 28, 2009
  10. Patrick would really be pissed at you for insinuating such. funny.

Hey. When the fuck do I get to win? I make a call. A rather good one if I do say so myself. Obvious manipulation. I 'm hearing parties buying big call positions on the dip (they'll be sorry about that). It should be pretty obvious certain parties are more interested in illicit gains than human suffering.

so, when do I win. Oh yeah. Iget the money. Never mind. I just hope some of it is yours.

#40     Apr 28, 2009