Dems Want To Increase TSA Groping Fee

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 22, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

The Senate Appropriations Committee on Tuesday moved forward with legislation to increase airline passenger security fees, beating back a GOP attempt to keep them at current levels.

The 2013 Homeland Security appropriations bill would increase one-way fees for passengers from $2.50 to $5 in order to close a budget shortfall at the Transportation Security Administration.

Read More:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-mon...d-airline-passenger-fees#.T7vGjswN384.twitter

2. Whenever i fly, I see dozens of TSA employees lounging around, chatting and generally doing nothing. Either that or making complete assholes out of themselves by forcing 90 year old grannies to be swabbed for explosive residue.

Now we also have classic bureaucratic overreach at work as well, with TSA vastly expanding its "mission" into areas like road transportation, public busses, etc.

If they have a budget problem, i would suggest addressing it by cutting back. Of course, no congressman or bureaucrat would even conceive of such a radical idea.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

4. pspr

pspr

Do you think if terrorism went away tommorrow the TSA would go away, too? And the Patriot Act would be repealed?

5. Banjo

Banjo

Bingo

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm walking through the PHL terminal today and guess what I noticed.

A female Muslim TSA agent.

What will those guys in D.C. think of next?

It's brilliant, hire women who are sympathetic even down right subservient to the very people who want to blow up our airlines.

7. You mean you don't think an 86 year old grandmother from minnesota is just as likely to be a terrorist as a 24 year old pakistani? From whom I see getting patted down, TSA can't tell a difference.

I actually saw a couple of TSA drones at a gate( ie past security) swabbing down some 90 year olds in wheelchairs for bomb residue. A couple of them had alzheimers (the passengers, not the agents) and were put into high anxiety over it.