Dems Take House... Too Bad for Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gnome, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Gains (%) for Stocks by Party of the President and Majority Party in
    Congress
    03/04/1901–10/23/2006

Political Variable Stocks
    (DJIA)
    Democratic President
    7.19%
    Republican President 3.85%
    Democratic Congress 6.46%
    Republican Congress 3.51%
    Dem Pres, Dem Cong
    6.53%
    Dem Pres, Rep Cong 9.60%
    Rep Pres, Rep Cong 1.54%

Rep Pres, Dem Cong 6.37%

All Periods Buy & Hold 5.34%

Sources: van Kampen, Ned Davis Research

#21     Nov 8, 2006
  2. Humpy

Humpy

Bush got his butt rightly kicked in my opinion. 99% of the worlds climate change experts are imploring him to do something about climate change NOW. But oh no he wont do hardly anything. Maybe his hotline to God is telling him not to ? Does he know better - of course not.
    Stubborn as a mule and about as intelligent. Lord help us - we have 2 more years of the idiot. Nero is remembered for fiddling while Rome burned. I guess Bush will have the same reputation if the planet overheats.
    A documentary on TV said Clinton could have taken out Bin Laden 2 years before 911 but he was having a bit of a problem keeping his hands off Monica - C'est la vie Americiane

#22     Nov 8, 2006
  3. LOL

Sherrod Brown
    Sheldon Whitehouse
    Claire McCaskill
    Amy Klobuchar
    Yarmuth

And many many other democrats elected yesterday. If you think these people are conservative you need to have your head examined or stop listening to Foxnews or both.

PS and yes, a few conservative dems from NC, TX and IN were also elected.

#23     Nov 8, 2006
  4. Politics, Economy and Economics, the stock market, russian proverbs...

#24     Nov 8, 2006
  5. Rumsfeld just resigned

#25     Nov 8, 2006
  6. I fail to see the point in this discussion.
    Given that US foreign policy is merely the offshore arm of domestic policy and given that domestic policy is driven by the interests of the military/ corporate complex, I wonder why anybody bothers to vote at all.
    My guess is that US policy will bend politically in the direction of the fellows with the oil (Arabs)and this will be at the expense of their neighbors without the oil (Israelis)
    US cooperates will continue to chase cheap labour but will have to pay the going rate for commodities ( thank god for the Fed and their printing machine)
    The US middle class will continue to be screwed .... 80% lift in house prices and a 15% lift in wages. How do you pay next years holding charges if RE values dip slightly by 10% and the banks call up their margins which they are entitled to do.

No: I would say that it is business as usual.
    The Dem/ Rep contest is just a dog and pony show.

#26     Nov 8, 2006
  7. You are exactly correct. The President should add the weather to his list of duties.

#27     Nov 8, 2006
  8. gnome

gnome

Weep not for me, I lost nothing (beyond what all Americans lost). I'm definitely NOT a Republiclown... nor a Democrap... more like a Libertarian. (I'm also a Vietnam War veteran, so I figure I've got as much right to bitch about our crappy "leaders" [cough, cough] as anyone.)

A classic South Park episode concludes, "Elections always boil down to the choice between Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich.... they are the only ones who suck up enough to get that far..."

Amen, brother.

#28     Nov 8, 2006
  9. Who was it who killed the very rights that our civil society is based upon - the right to a speedy and fair trial, to pick your own laywer, to habeus corpus, right to not be brutally tortured like the barbarians use?

Oh I forgot, "they" hate us due to our "freedoms". I think we see who really hates our freedoms. :mad:

#29     Nov 8, 2006
  10. Dude the only one on your list is an actual liberal is the Pot Head Sherrod Brown, and he will be a one term Senator.

#30     Nov 8, 2006