Dems Take House... Too Bad for Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gnome, Nov 8, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

No. I just remember that quote after a Russian election... when a citizen was asked why he voted for the current President. Poignant, don't you think?

#11     Nov 8, 2006
  2. romik

romik

It's very true in Russia, problem is that it is never enough. I suppose human greed has no boundaries, so only partially right IMHO.

#12     Nov 8, 2006
  3. gnome

gnome

In America, there are soooo many more levels from which to steal....

During the 2004 Presidential election, someone from Europe asked, "Why would American's spend $4 Billion on advertising for the election"?

The honest answer... "because it's WORTH it."

We have rich people... with $MILLIONS of net worth, spending $20 Million or more on a political campaign... to win a "job" which pays $160,000/year. Why do you think that is?

#13     Nov 8, 2006
  4. You guys are too wrapped in one party or another. The Dems elected last night are more conservative than the average Republican of 15 years ago. Everything is still headed in the right direction.

#14     Nov 8, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

If by "headed in the right direction", you mean DOWN THE TOILET of "debt which will never be repaid" and "currency debasement", you, sir, are correct!!

#15     Nov 8, 2006
  6. romik

romik

that's understandable, naive question.

Have dems historically failed to provide favourable conditions for the markets?

#16     Nov 8, 2006
  7. gnome

gnome

There you go... back on the "markets" focus.... tsk, tsk.

One day, the markets won't matter. Check out the history of Turkey and their markets from about 1980-2005. America is headed down the same path, though not yet at the same break-neck speed.

You Brits will be caught in the backwash, mark my words.

#17     Nov 8, 2006
  8. socalpt

socalpt

I am not a politician or economist but during the Reagan years we had a big recession and S&L problem, the economy was bad during the Bush senior president; the economy went sky high during Clinton years, surplus was over 100 trillions; now
    the US is in debt of over 200 trillions in deficit. I think it's time to rethink our party lines or at least put some dem in charge of the economy.

#18     Nov 8, 2006
  9. romik

romik

You can say that again. Of course I am interested in the markets more than in the US internal politics, my opinion would not alter the outcome, though my even basic understanding of Dems influences on the markets would make a heck of a difference to my longer term outlook. See what I mean?

Sorry to hear you lost this time round.

#19     Nov 8, 2006
  10. gnome

gnome

Hahahaha... Good One!!

#20     Nov 8, 2006