Dems Plan To Get Out The Youth Vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Oct 6, 2010.

1. and pass a drug test and cannot be a government worker, politician, and must pass an American Founding Fathers Republic history test.

#11     Oct 6, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

And why that would that concern you?

So?

#12     Oct 6, 2010
  3. The idea is to be fair to any party.

You just think I hate the Republicans because you think I'm a liberal. I hate the Republicans because they're a combination of both evil and incompetent.

#13     Oct 6, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hey what do you know. That's much the same reason I hate liberal democrats.

#14     Oct 7, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

This is a bad thing because all who smoke pot are "stoners". Just as all who drink alcohol are drunks, and all who oppose abortion believe "every sperm is sacred". Etc.

#15     Oct 7, 2010
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't believe every sperm is sacred. In fact during my younger days I was known to spread them around rather liberally.

#16     Oct 7, 2010
  7. I see this as another idea the republicans missed the boat on. While it is generally thought of as a liberal issue, plenty of conservatives and almost all libertarians are at best skeptical of the War on Drugs. The biggest threat to freedom is government, and at least until the War on Terror, the biggest club in the government arsenal was the War on Drugs. They got away with all sorts of assaults on individual liberty, from asset seizures, which are little more than legalized theft, to every two bit police department having their very own SWAT team, paid for by the feds. Who can even imagine how much we have spent on it?

What do we have to show for our efforts? Widespread drug use, people consider the marijuana laws a joke and a failed narco state on our southern border, the one we don't have enough resources to guard.

There are few here more law and order-oriented than I am, but I am concerned about real crime, not someone smoking a friggin' joint. I don't want school kids getting high, but guess what, they already are, thanks to wimpy liberal school administrators.

If the republicans actually had a brain, they would be pushing pot legalization. What could the dems do? Either go along and look like weasels or oppose it and alienate half their voters. The moral values wing of the republican party would go ape shit, but they have no where else to go and they are not exactly the most popular element in the party. A lot of independents would like to see them having less influence.

The republican party establishment is always pushing divisive issues like gay marriage and open borders/amnesty in misguided efforts to build a bigger tent. The problem is these issues strike at the very heart of republican and conservative principles. Recognizing the fact that pot is already effectively legal does not.

#17     Oct 7, 2010