Dems just lost the senate!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Dec 13, 2006.

1. __________________________________________________

If the Senator never shows up then he can't vote so since the count is 51-49 now it would in effect be 50-49 with Cheney having the tie vote.

#31     Dec 14, 2006
  2. jem

jem

exactly

#32     Dec 14, 2006
  3. C'mon Doc, sputdr's just gloating a bit. Ever since that saboteur we used on Carnahan and Wellstone went back to Russia we've been in the mix for some newer, less obtrusive methods. This bio-medical stuff is showing promise. Boxer and Lahey are so freaked out that they BOTH went in for cholesterol tests this morning. :p

#33     Dec 14, 2006
  4. I am not sure if Cheney can cast a vote unless there is a tie. I don't think 50-49 is a tie.

#34     Dec 14, 2006
  5. When all is said and done, isn't it good to know that Sen. Johnson has the best health care in the world at his disposal for free? Aren't you comforted by the fact that, if disabled, he and his family will be taken care of for the rest of their lives - for free?
    Now don't you feel better?

How are you all doin'? (-:

#35     Dec 14, 2006
  6. yeah no way a neokunt is gonna replace him...i cant imagine the dem not going to war over it. and how unfair would that be...nah, not gonna happen imo. still, all posts back and the thread title itself are really astounding, true colours of the neoclowns showing up here.

#36     Dec 14, 2006
  7. Two words .....Nano Polonium. Less messy than a .45 shell to the head and quicker than Trans Fats. Plus no Scotland Yard scrutiny.

oh... and btw: sputdr is still an idiot.

#37     Dec 14, 2006
  8. Artie21

Artie21

A Senate vacancy can be filled by the writs of election by State authority, i.e. the Governor.

However, a vacancy exists only in the event of death or resignation. Johnson could be brain dead for the remaining two years of his term and he would simply be MIA. THe Dems will control the Senate still, 50-49.

In fact, a Republican Senator from this very state, SD, was absent from 1969-73.

If Johnson lingers in a brain dead state, for example, I am sure the right to lifers will begin to seriously question thier beliefs.

Sputdr, you are going to have to pray for his death, which I am sure your are doing each night while rubbing a certain unmentionable part of your body.

#38     Dec 14, 2006
  9. I was thinking the same thing when the Vermont Senator switched parties shortly after the election. Z10 was applauding him for his courage and strength and ignored the fact that the ignored the will of the people so egregiously.

At least if he died the Democrats and Clinton's could have used it as a fundraising rally for the party like they did with Wellstone's funeral. A more digusting display I cannot recall.

#39     Dec 15, 2006
  10. I'm not hoping for anybody's death. When did I ever say I hoped the republicans took control? It's actually quite the opposite, they had control, blew it badly and got fired. That's exactly the way it should work.

I just put up the post because I wanted to see how angry the lefties on this board would get that's all and the answer is very.

When situations like this arise you can see what Z10 is made of and that is sugar, spice and a streaming pile of hypocrasy.

#40     Dec 15, 2006