Dems introduce 'Paid Vacation Act'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, May 21, 2009.

1. So let me get this straight..

The democrats will make your mortgage payments, prevent you being charged high rates for credit card defaults, give you healthcare and now pay you to take a vacation.

I'm sure some democrat dip sh*t will propose that those paid vacations come with two first class tickets.

We are really f'd.

#11     May 22, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Not only will some knucklehead propose it, but millions of Americans will vote for free vacations.

#12     May 22, 2009
  3. Lame bill, just lame.

#13     May 22, 2009
  4. Australia has had a mandatory four weeks paid annual leave for a long time. Often with a 17.5% leave loading. And the country hasn't ground to a standstill.

What's more in many industries there is long service leave - after ten years at the same company you are entitled to a one off paid long service leave of ten weeks.

Some of you fools here would rather live in serfdom.

#14     May 22, 2009
  5. I don't think any of us think its going to cause the US to implode, but its a step in a direction we don't want to go.

#15     May 22, 2009
  6. I would say all full time employees recieved a paid vacation, probably two weeks and three after a number of years.

It's not really the govt's job to mandate additional paid vacations. All it will do is causes higher unemployment.

#16     May 23, 2009
  7. Leave em be mate. Some of my compatriots think that driving to Vegas for vacation counts as traveling.

And....anywhere that doesn't require 70 hrs a week to make ends meet is communist.

#17     May 23, 2009
  8. Government will always side with those who "contribute"

After all, in GOD we trust, right?
    Gold, Oil, and Drugs:)

#18     May 23, 2009
  9. aegis

aegis

Yah, that all worked very well during the gilded age.

Why do you think we have these regulations today?

#19     May 23, 2009
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Hell why stop at legislating a weeks vacation? Those rich bastards have been getting wealthy off me for too long, they owe me.

In addition I want round trip air tickets and an expenses to the Fun park.

The costs of doing business and keeping employees will force many to give up, cash out.. it's not worth the effort when you cant run your own company with out Federally mandated wages, benefits, perks and limited compensation for those who accept the risks and own the business.

#20     May 28, 2009