Dems Hurting our Security....again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Feb 18, 2008.

1. I see.
    So, how long did it take to get action on vietnam pows, many of whom never officially existed? I didnt know that was lawyers fault! Oh, its the dems, my bad.
    Do the israelis have all of the hostage soldiers back yet? My guess is lawyers werent a big factor there. They dont fuck around.

Maybe i missed something, but there are some large contradictions in the article.

The protect america act, was passed when? This is a new bill, or has it been in force for while?

The article is confusing, because it states, because this wasnt passed just now, it would be necessary to REVERT to pre 9/11 policy.

That suggests it was in force, so why didnt it help captured troops LAST MAY???
    And as far as lawyers go, well most elected representatives are trained lawyers. I rest my case........

#11     Feb 18, 2008
  2. Your quoting a story from the NY Post? You believe everything thats written in that paper? And like the above poster says, if the troops were kidnapped while this Act was on the books, there shouldn't have been this alleged delay of intelligence gathering while lawyers were working on the details. It appears this article, like many other stories from the right wingers, is a figment of the imagination.

#12     Feb 18, 2008
  3. Your brain is resting, but not your case.

The law was enacted last August, AFTER the troops had been kidnapped.

Keep trying, Acro. Eventually even you will get dizzy from the circles you keep spinning around in.

#13     Feb 19, 2008
  4. Oh, I get it, had the NY Times reported it, then you would have believed it....gotcha...

Like that "above poster," you've got your facts all wrong, but this is common among moonbats.

The only thing that is a figment of the imagination is your conclusion that the absence of strong surveillance laws are not harmful to the security of this country.

#14     Feb 19, 2008
  5. I looked up the Act and noticed when it was enacted but couldn't edit the post due to 30 minute timer. I'll wait for another source to confirm the so called lawyer-kidnap troop fiasco. Its hard to believe Rupert Murdoch as a source of information especially when it concerns this administration.

That Act will be put back in but without what Bush wants, the telecom immunity clause. Intel Chief: Telecom Immunity a Security Issue. Comandante en Jefe Bush is just looking out for the corporate interests as usual.

#15     Feb 19, 2008
  6. NY Post... you mean rupert murdoch's filth rag? no hidden agenda there. yeah right! i will side with the founding fathers on this one... they were extremely cautious about giving up freedom for security... they realized eventually when you do this you lose both. rupert murdoch is a traitor and needs to be sentenced accordingly.

#16     Feb 19, 2008
  7. Nice dodge.

Like you couldn't have posted that you found out when it was enacted!

It's very hard to believe Covertibility and other moonbats, especially when it concerns this administration.

#17     Feb 19, 2008

8. as i understand it, the democrats offered to extend this act while they negotiated a new one but Bush rejected this. how odd... then he goes out and whines about fake terrorist. sounds like some moonbutts to me.

so if these fake terrorist (false flags) strike it is solely on Bush's watch and he will be 100% to blame. nice going hapadumbass.

President Bush had pledged to veto any bill that merely extended the temporary law without resolving the matter of immunity for telecommunications firms that helped the government with its secret eavesdropping program after 9/11. A "patchwork extension" wouldn't give the security needed to protect the nation, Mr. Bush said, and he urged Republican lawmakers to vote against it.

#18     Feb 19, 2008