Dems have to stick with Obama,cant afford to anger black voters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

And this guy you are calling a nut case was a two term United States Senator. Obama didn't even finish his first term.

#11     Dec 10, 2010
  2. Maverick,It will be 1996 all over again if Gravel is the best that challenges Obama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)_presidential_primaries,_1996

Democratic Party (United States) presidential primaries, 1996

President Bill Clinton easily won his party's primaries by a landslide. The final results gave Clinton 89% of the popular vote. His closest rival, Lyndon LaRouche, received 5%. Winning all 50 states (as well as Washington, D.C.), Clinton handily won the nomination and went on to win the 1996 Presidential Election.

With the advantage of incumbency, Bill Clinton's path to renomination by the Democratic Party was very uneventful. At the 1996 Democratic National Convention, Clinton and incumbent Vice President Al Gore were renominated with token opposition. Fringe candidate Lyndon LaRouche qualified for one delegate from Virginia and one delegate from Louisiana, but the state parties refused to award him delegates and the First District Court of Appeals upheld their decision.[1] Former Pennsylvania governor Bob Casey contemplated a challenge to Clinton, but health problems forced Casey to abandon a bid.[2][3] That left Jimmy Griffin, the former mayor of Buffalo, New York, as the highest-ranking challenger still in the race. After finishing in eighth place, behind even the perennial candidates, in the New Hampshire primaries, Griffin dropped out of the race. Clinton easily won primaries nationwide, with margins consistently higher than 80%.[4]

#12     Dec 10, 2010
  3. He's a nutcase,and hes not even a Democrat

March 26, 2008

Gravel turns Libertarian

Former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel announced on Wednesday that he is folding his hapless campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination and running for the Libertarian Party nod instead.

Gravel's cranky uncle demeanor enlivened some of the early Democratic candidate forums, but his shoestring campaign never made an impact.

"The fact is, the Democratic Party is no longer the party of FDR," Gravel said in a letter to supporters. "It is a party that continues to sustain war, the military-industrial complex and imperialism -- all of which I find anathema to my views."

"I look forward to advancing my presidential candidacy within the Libertarian Party, which is considerably closer to my values, my foreign policy views and my domestic views," he added.

#13     Dec 10, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you seriously comparing Lyndon LaRouche, a guy that has never held public office in his entire life with a two term US Senator? Are you really doing that? Range Rover, you are losing it man. There is no comparing the two.

#14     Dec 10, 2010
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Lieberman is no longer a democrat either anymore. Bernie Sanders is not as well. Lot's of people leave their parties when they feel their parties have sold out their principles and no longer represent what they stand for.

#15     Dec 10, 2010
  6. Its better then comparing Gravel to Romney.

Again,Gravel is a joke.He ran for the democratic nomination in 2008,how did that work out for him ?How much attention did Obama,Hilary , Edwards,voters or the democratic party give him ?

#16     Dec 10, 2010

7. Lieberman and Sanders would be credible candidates,especially Sanders.Gravel is a joke

#17     Dec 10, 2010
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

You can make the same argument for Ron Paul. I don't give a flying f*ck how much attention these sellout politicians give other candidates. Range Rover, don't you have any principles man? Don't you stand for anything? I'm being serious. Don't you respect these guys that have unpopular views and challenge the status qo? So anyone that is not mainstream is a nut case? Anyone that does not sell out to corporate interests is a nut case? Anyone that is willing to speak their mind knowing that their opinions will not a raise a single dime from the big special interests groups and corporations to get elected is a nutcase? Really? Seriously?

#18     Dec 10, 2010
  9. Yes ,I have principles .Thats why I am one of the pissed off democrats that wants a different democratic nominee in 2012,one that wont sell out to Republicans as much as Obama has.I want Obama out of the democratic party,but Gravel is a joke

#19     Dec 10, 2010