Dems find a way to Lose...AGAIN

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 29, 2008.

1. LOL, the color of his skin is the least of his problems. While the country is not ready for a black president, a presentable well-spoken black governor of a mid-western state (if such a person existed) would have a decent (30-40%) chance of winning given his opponent's weaknesses (senility, economy, pro-bush, pro-war record, problems with the republican base etc). But in Obama's case it's not the fact that he is black, it's the fact that his middle name is Hussein, that his pastor is an America-hater and his mentor is a commie that will do him in. He'll be lucky to carry New Jersey.

#51     Mar 31, 2008
  2. I agree and I'll fade Zhivodka on this one. In fact I'll be surprised if he's even the nominee. I think the Democrat's will be forced into a Gore/Obama compromise.

Obama loses key Democrat supporters. A black guy would certainly get the Jewish vote but as doodoo insinuates-not this black guy. Jews in the know realize that Farrakhan connected blacks are not Jew or Israel lovers. Plus he turns off many Mexicans. The Dems all ready have all the black and lib koook white votes they need so where does Obama expand the base?

Obama could lose states that would have been unthinkable as red. California being on top of the list.

#52     Mar 31, 2008
  3. Your anti-Usama Chicago bias is showing. You hate black people?

Is America gonna elect MaCain?

#53     Mar 31, 2008
  4. Obama is more popular overall than Hillary, but he can't take FL or OH, will probably lose Pennsylvania, and maybe New Jersey. The numbers just don't add up unless Mac says something really stupid (even for him).

Take a look at www.electoral-vote.com to get a visual count of how this works out. (you have to click on the general election link) It is updated every day with the release of new polls for each state. It is non partisan. Shows Mac well ahead, and many of the polls were before the Wright thing.

#54     Apr 1, 2008
  5. What's odd about it? Simply a difference of opinion.

#55     Apr 1, 2008
  6. Nah, I don't think even a squeaky clean, hypothetical well-spoken black Governor would have a chance.

I might vote for him, but I don't think enough of the country would. It would be very, very interesting, though, to see if this country could indeed think past race. I don't think it can at this point in time.

#56     Apr 1, 2008
  7. Hate black people? Not at all. If J.C. Watts were the GOP nominee I'd be stoked! Obama though is a lying, commie, do nothing tool who's only draw is being black. He was a crap State senator and he's accomplished zip in D.C.

Doesn't matter because Gore will ultimately be the nominee.

#57     Apr 1, 2008
  8. Yannis

Yannis

Yes, absolutely, no question about that, he's the best! Let's start by spelling his name right: McCain :)

#58     Apr 1, 2008
  9. you know this officially makes you crazy just like me?

#59     Apr 1, 2008
  10. Yannis

Yannis

Maybe, but, before contemplating that possibility (a great threat to Obama/Clinton) consider what it does to the existing campaigns: Hillary is having a hard time getting donations any more and may not produce the expected double digit win in Pennsylvania, and the other guys are pushing even harder to get her out of the race, eg, threatening statements from their friends like Leahy, Pelosi, et al. In this way, the Gore thing is having a very significant impact already.

#60     Apr 1, 2008