Demographic Poll #2 -- Where are ET members located?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by catmango, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Isn't Hawaii really just a bunch of volcanos waiting to explode? Do they still greet you at the airport and put flowers around your neck?

#11     Apr 10, 2003
  2. sunnie

sunnie

Answer to question 1: yes, and on our island Kilauea is erupting right now....

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/kilauea/

Answer to question 2: yes, and its called a lei, and if you are someone special you get an aloha and a kiss too!!:p :p

#12     Apr 10, 2003
  3. corvus

corvus

I know there are more than 2 canadians on this board!

#13     Apr 10, 2003
  4. lescor

lescor

Besides Arizona, Saskatchewan also doesn't go on daylight savings time. So I have summer time hours (mountain time zone) and winter hours (central)

#14     Apr 10, 2003
  5. white17

white17

Alaska; and please don't lump us in with Pacific or hawaii. We refer to those as "the states" or "outside".

#15     Apr 10, 2003
  6. There are as many people from Hawaii as there are from Canada! How do you like them apples!

#16     Apr 10, 2003
  7. We learned in sociology that Eskimos frequently let strangers sleep with their wives to promote amiable relations with others -- some sort of tribal thing apparently

#17     Apr 10, 2003
  8. sunnie

sunnie

When I was there, all I heard was "lower 48":confused:

#18     Apr 10, 2003
  9. white17

white17

That's often true but not the part about amiable relations. It's usually done to obtain the stranger's supply of alcohol in exchange. Sort of the reverse of what I did growing up in L.A. That is, apply the alcohol to the intended target....you know the drill.

SUNNI;
    The "lower 48" still has too much implication that we are part of the whole. Something we would like to forget most times.

#19     Apr 10, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I am not on the mainland either.
    I am "south of reality" in the Keys.
    Though I am blessed being on the East Coast.....
    I would hate to have to trade THAT early.

#20     Apr 10, 2003