Demographic Poll #2 -- Where are ET members located?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by catmango, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Just trying to get a better understanding of the demographics of ET community. Hopefully these polls don't start getting to everyone, particularly to the more senior members. If so, just flame me and I'll stop.

I'm personally in the Bay Area of California, taking up trading as a result of the tech bust.

Thanks!

2. Ebo

Ebo

What is the purpose of this poll?

3. Forums are always so anonymous, I just wanted to get a better understanding of the makeup of the ET community. This is not an attempt at making new friends or getting dates. I'd like to know, for example, what % of ET members are from Europe.

I'd like to subsequently publish other demographic polls, such as years of trading experience, age, sex, etc.

I'm not a spammer, if that's what you're worried about. Just a new member trying to get a lay of the land.

Please let me know if these polls are lame or even marginally useful.

Thanks.

4. Sounds to me, like you could be getting the demographics to pitch to potential advertising clients.

5. Dude, trust me when I tell you that I'm not pitching anything to anyone.

Paranoia overload.

6. I read your bio.

Would you mind telling us about you in the terms and bounds that you would like to understand stuff about us?

I'm in the unique AZ time zone..lol...

7. MRWSM

MRWSM

Seems you've generated enough interest to get all those votes. Surprised to see so many from over seas.

8. Considering that polls by their nature are anonymous, you should feel comfortable that you're not telling people information that can be traced back to you.

But, since you asked, I'm male, 34, living in northern cal. Trading for 6 months, swing trading on individual stocks. I grew up in Hawaii, went to school on the east coast, grad school on the west coast, was in product management in high tech firms for several years before deciding to go full time on the trading front. I have four sisters. Single, but I've been seeing someone for 2 years and will probably get married soon. Renting a house. I had a cat named Willow, but she got hit by a car a year ago. I drive a 95 Accord, and I might be in the market for a new car in the next six months. I'm Catholic, but I don't practice.

Whew. That was cathartic. I feel so close to all of you now.

9. I'll even post the above info on my ET profile so that Jack can check up on me from time to time. :)

10. sunnie

sunnie

Hawaii is currently where I hang my hat...

but please don't lump us together with the west coast ...it's called the mainland for a reason, as you well know...:) :)

#10     Apr 10, 2003