Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 24, 2009.

1. DSQ,

a simple "my minds made up and I am not going to change" would have done fine. I don't think your rant actually rates a response.

Enjoy your worsening crisis while it lasts. your comment about doctors reminds me of the Redding Hospital scandel a few years ago where over 150 people died and many more underwent procedures of unnecessary heart operations.

Is that common? of course not but the point is the same that there are people out there that will lie to you for their own agendas.

Even democrats will lie regardless of how many lifes it destroys and kills. Gulf on Tonkin ring a bell?

You cant get around the fact that the people who promote the concept have a vested interest in keeping this alive and that's why I am a septic like I would be for anyone who has a clear biased opinion.

I am also old enough to remember how the earth was cooling about 20 or so years ago and that was a crisis as well. No one can say what the stock market will close a week ahead of time every week nor can anyone tell you what the temp will be a week from now. scientists that dedicate their lives to the study of weather normally cant even tell you if it will rain or not with any degree of certainty more than a few days out.

This whole argument is totally mute anyway. It Doesn't matter if your right or wrong. China and India along with the lions share of the worlds non first world population are not going to go along for the ride. Well that statement is not totally true. China will go along up to and including that they receive money from other nations. Beyond that CO2 is BS as far as China is concerned. They surely are not about to do anything to slow their growth.

Good luck to you

RW

http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmartin/dissent/documents/health/tenet_redding_fallout.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

#21     Apr 25, 2009
  2. <object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QyYaPWasos&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QyYaPWasos&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

#22     Apr 25, 2009
  3. #23     Apr 25, 2009
  4. dsq

dsq

Speaking of agendas...why is it that everything that is based onscience is a conspiracy?
    Why do conservatives hate science and fact?Because it interferes with their business agenda?

I have yet to hear somebody refute that the ice caps are melting or that temps are rising.Instead we hear anecdotal garbage like:' i remember back in the 70s'.Oh great so do I.So what?
    Scientists for the last 20 yrs have been accurately predicting the rising temps and correlation to carbon and greenhouse emissions.The rate of melting is much worse than their forecasts.Also some people here like to say the planet has been warming and cooling throughout history.Yes, but it took hundreds or 1000's of years NOT a few decades.The rate of change in the last 20yrs is unprecedented.
    Here in california we have been in a drought for 10 yrs.Water sources in the southwest are shrinking.Lake Mead has lost 50% of its water in the last 10 yrs alone.These are very real impacts.What bubble do you live in that you can afford to ignore reality?

"scientists that dedicate their lives to the study of weather normally cant even tell you if it will rain or not with any degree of certainty more than a few days out."

In fact weather forecasts are pretty accurate most of the time.What you are mocking is that they arent accurate to the minute.Climatologists have been accurately the impacts of global warming for the last 2 decades.Slightly more important stuff than whether you need to bring an umbrella to your polo match on satrday afternoon.
    RW,you dont know the difference between a local tv weather forecaster and a scientist do you?
    By the way do you disregard your doctors advice as much as the tv weatherman?Good luck to you.And as for that cancer diagnosis,would you ignore it?i mean the diagnosis is based on untrustworthy science.

#24     Apr 25, 2009
  5. Eight

Eight

Are you a vegan? I'm seeing a cry for help in the form of some brain nutrients...

#25     Apr 25, 2009
  6. idiot ... this guy invented global warming

1/3 of kids in america today are hysterical about catastrophe, and this IDIOT dsq, compares the voice of reason to Hitler.

GOD GOOD PEOPLE... GET THESE IDIOT-LEFTISTS OUT OF PUBLIC OFFICE

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzSzItt6h-s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzSzItt6h-s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#26     Apr 25, 2009
  7. idiot-clueless-sheep ...

part of the "educated left"

http://www.greatglobalwarmingswindle.co.uk/

#27     Apr 25, 2009
  8. Yes, let's believe Exxon Mobil's of the world. Take a look at ice cap pictures from the 70s and now. You would see something indisputable, the circles are shrinking.

Rush Limbaugh does not have children and is unmarried so if large portions of the world are inhospitable 50 years from now, he could could not care less.

The people who tell us there is no global warming or there is nothing we can do about it are the people who have vested interests in cranking out stuff in china and pollute the place (big business)

#28     Apr 25, 2009
  9. Speaking of ExxonMobil and vested interests, I think it's interesting that the person whom this thread is about, Lord Christopher Monckton, the journalism graduate who is now a science spokesman for the far Right, is listed as the climate expert for the Heartland Institute, a Chicago-based freemarket think tank. This "think" tank is funded in part by, you guessed it, ExxonMobil. The same "think" tank is also funded by Big Tobacco, but that's a discussion for another day. Fascinating, isn't it?

#29     Apr 25, 2009
  10. One of the aspects of this debate that makes me doubt the AGW side is that they continually try to censor anyone who is not in total agreement with them. That is typical of the left, but it is not the way scientific progress is made. Even the most fervent Al Gore acolytes have to acknowledge that we are talking about projections far into the future, made with the aid of imperfect data and assumptions that may or may not be accurate. You would think if they are truly concerned, they would want all the research and peer review possible. Instead, they try to silence any and all criticism and ruin any professor or scientist who doesn't sign on. What are they afraid of?

It's not like this is the first time activists have tried to hijack a scientific debate to push their pet policies. We were told missile defense would never work and we should abandon it. Twenty years later it does work and is getting better. Thirty years ago we were told we faced a looming ice age that would destroy life as we know it unless we adopted insane policies, similar to those the Gore-ites want to adopt now.

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but when I look at who is pushing this, I see naive students, leftwing activists, pols and foreigners who would love to get some power over our economy and have us subsidize them. The opposition is partly funded by energy companies, utilities, etc, but so what? They are the ones in the crosshairs, and they are the ones who will see their costs rise exponentially. Of course, they are also the ones who will be blamed first by pols when utility bills triple or quintuple or whatever they end up doing. I can promise you that no pol will stand up and say, you voters have to spend all this extra money because we have signed on to an unproven theory about what might happen 100 years from now. No, they will say, vote for me and I will stop this utility and energy gouging.

#30     Apr 25, 2009