Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 24, 2009.

1. dsq

dsq

Global warming is here with or without al gore.You can kill the messenger but not the message.

#11     Apr 24, 2009

2. Nice post. That is a pretty comprehensive form re tobacco. I'm not so sure that facts trump junk science in this society.

#12     Apr 24, 2009
  3. Then if that is the case, surley there should be no issue with hearing opposition.

There is only one reason why these crack pots don't want to engage in any debates with scientific information.

#13     Apr 24, 2009

4. Hey Genius, did you know that 10,000 years ago the polar ice caps extended down to upstate NY. Yeah, so the Earth got warmer since then. Guess what, humans didn't cause that warming. Did you know that our neighboring planets are also getting warmer? Since that is case, it kind of rules us out. The Earth's climate has always been in flux, and it always will be. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. Sorry, I am just not that self-important.

Even if the worst is true, and the Earth is getting warmer because of us, is that a bad thing? Why don't you do your own thinking for once and come up with your own thinking?

#14     Apr 24, 2009
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Cold weather kills many more people then hot weather.

Global warming is SAVING lives.

#15     Apr 24, 2009
  6. Eight

Eight

Liberals are known for not budging in spite of the facts... I don't get how they think they are helping humanity or the planet with an idiotic mentality like that...

#16     Apr 24, 2009
  7. Neoxx

Neoxx

In the scientific community, skeptics are in the shrinking minority.

"...In January 2009, a poll of 3146 earth scientists found that 82% answered yes to the question: "Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?". Of the 77 climatologists actively engaged in research, 75 answered yes (97.4%)."

#17     Apr 24, 2009
  8. I understand that after a politician gives a power point presentation there is no need for debate for some.

What I do know is that up here in the northwoods of Wisconsin we have been covered by ice at times AND covered by jungle during other times.

What I don't know is that scientists that have their funding depended on having a problem to solve and Al Gore who has investments that would be highly profitable with a cap and trade system should not be debated.

It appears to me that the democrats have found a way to rally the troups with this issue much as the republicans have with the faith issues.

There is a lot of money to be made with this issue and that of all things should not be forgotten.

Best to you

RW

#18     Apr 24, 2009
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Sure they did. We're so terrible a blight upon Mother Gia that our Universal Warming also extends backwards through time! If there's any spark anywhere in the universe it's there because of conservative's selfish use of oil!

#19     Apr 24, 2009
  10. dsq

dsq

slightly more important than that is whether man can survive this ongoing and worsening crisis,not whether taking measures to stop it will make us richer or poorer.

I mean when you have a brain tumor you have a choice of doing nothing or getting an operation.The operation is expensive and some evil doctor will make lots of money by saving your life.But you know what the alternative is.So what gives.I mean conservatives rant and rave about how the majority of scientists are all wrong and part of some nwo conspiracy.Completely stupid reaction.if your doctor tells you you have a cancer do you ridicule him with the same garbage about how he is part of a conspiracy against you?Its completely mindless childishness.

#20     Apr 25, 2009