Democrats purposely delaying Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NY_HOOD, Mar 23, 2020.

1. DTB2

DTB2

JFK Center workers are considered Federal employees aren't they. That's the difference.

#41     Mar 24, 2020

2. Did you even google before you went out on that tree limb?

#42     Mar 24, 2020
  3. elderado

elderado

Because it is COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY.

The Kennedy Center has a budget, they asked the dopey congressional idiots for money, they got it already.

http://kcwebsiteprod.s3.amazonaws.c...stification-to-congress.pdf?sfvrsn=d9c65d92_2

#43     Mar 24, 2020
  4. elderado

elderado

Let's also not forget that SanFranShitholeNan and ChuckUSchumer impeached Trump for delaying funds to Ukraine.

And here these mofos want to delay funds to Americans.

#44     Mar 24, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  5. UsualName

UsualName

So I’m actually ok with the foreign flagged cruise ship industry going bankrupt. The majority of them don’t pay taxes in America and don’t employ many Americans (the Americans that do work there should be looked out for though). Bailing them out will benefit mostly the wealthy owners.

Second, these cruise lines are notorious virus spreaders and we should not keep their fares low. They do not support any domestic functions like air travel and shipping.

I say let them go under and if they come back let their fares reflect the risk.

#45     Mar 24, 2020
    MoneyMatthew likes this.
  6. DTB2

DTB2

#46     Mar 24, 2020
  7. elderado

elderado

We went to a local joint today for takeout (obvi, we are on lockdown here.)

Business is down 70%.

Unlikely they're going to make it.

SanFranShitholeNan can GFH.

#47     Mar 24, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  8. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

A friend of mine owns a pizza restaurant/brewery and leases a largish building. The lease is about $15k per month. Its his 8th restaurant and he knows what he is doing but I can't see him making it if this persists another month or two. He has deep pockets but he has them because he knows when to shut down something that is hemorrhaging.

I've seen this guy move and its impressive. He will shut it down and gut the place over about a week and put it all in storage then take a vacation.

#48     Mar 24, 2020
  9. elderado

elderado

Small kegs would be the way to go. That and a couple of rolls of toilet paper and the to-go orders should boom, eh?

#49     Mar 24, 2020
  10. Them not paying taxes sucks but that is the law and they operate in international waters.

But in Miami the 3 main cruise lines have 100,000 U.S. employees plus cruising also supports food purveyors, florists, interior designers, taxi and Uber drivers, bus companies, luggage handlers, airlines, hotels and travel advisors.

Here is a study on what cruising contributes to Florida alone:

upload_2020-3-24_19-50-10.png

That is a huge economic impact that the government collects taxes on as well as state and local taxes collected directly. Now add New York/New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Galveston, Los Angelos, San Diego, Hawaii and you can see the multiplier affect of economic benefit.

I think it might be short sighted to say they do not pay any taxes when they contribute so much economic benefit and secondary tax revenue while being ok with corporate welfare for businesses who get repeatedly bailed out and pay little income taxes for that matter.

After getting cruise ships money to assist in the U.S. operations you can have them put a $25 cruise ship tax on every ticket sold to recoup money. Think about it, in one year 15 million passengers passed through Florida on cruises. A small tax on tickets would raise as much money as you paid out to keep them afloat but you can keep the tax in place for 5 years.

#50     Mar 24, 2020
    DTB2 likes this.