Democrats Hold Disaster Relief Hostage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 3, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Rahm Emanuel may have decamped to Chicago, but Democrats in Washington still won't let a good crisis go to waste. Their current gambit is to use Hurricane Irene as a pretext to prevent spending cuts to one of Washington's most notorious boondoggles.

This week the left-wing press has been attacking House Majority Leader Eric Cantor for holding disaster relief funding "hostage." A more accurate way to put this is that Senate Democrats won't approve new funding for disasters unless they get the funding they want for corporations that make electric cars......

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...6542770484363328.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've heard the new GM advertising campaign for the Volt. They are still denying that it is a hybrid and are calling the gasoline engine "an onboard generator". The truth is that the gas engine is connected mechanically to the drive train and can propel the car making it a hybrid and a huge lie.

At one time a few years ago, before Obama, the GM bailout and the fucking over of the bondholders, I thought I would buy a Volt if it were a true electric with onboard generator. Now I wouldn't drive a GM product if they gave them away for free. I will never buy a GM product for the rest of my life. They lie, Obama lies, everyone lies except Alan Mulally.

Yeah, I have a modest Porsche museum in the garage complex but all of my drivers are Fords. I've got a 2001 F-250 diesel truck, a 2009 Shelby GT500 convertible and just bought a 2012 Focus to bomb around in. Love them all.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Same here.

4. pspr

pspr

Unions have ruined the American auto industry. I haven't bought an American car in over 20 years.

They need to start putting that "union made" label on stuff made in a union shop again so I know which products to avoid.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I look at it this way. If a good friend's business is struggling I feel obliged to give him my business even if it isn't the best or cheapest because if he fails I want him to know it wasn't because he was abandoned by me.

I think the USA is struggling and brought my business home because if it fails I don't want to think it was because I participated in abandoning it.

Just my own outlook, not trying to influence anyone. Just having a conversation waiting for the temp to come down below 102-deg so I can mow the fucking lawn lol.