Democrats Have Their ism's Confused

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 26, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

That's because the trust implicit in the 1967 scenarios has been abused.

#41     Jun 2, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

True, maybe there are more crazies these days to watch out for, but we still have the tendency to overreact to things. So then the question becomes whether or not you want to live a life where you are harassed constantly and you might stop a few more of these guys, or whether you would like to live free, and you ahve a few more of these incidents.

Its an easy choice for me.

#42     Jun 2, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Easy choice for me too, but it seems we don't have that choice any more. The feds have taken it away, probably forever.

#43     Jun 2, 2011

4. Much of it under Bush (patriot act ,homeland security etc )

#44     Jun 2, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah at this point i really dont think we are going to change much but the question now is whether or not we will see this kind of intrusive behaviour from the government continue to get WORSE for the next 40 years.

I mean what happens when some crazy jihadist decides to stick a piece of dynamite up his ass when he goes through security. Are they going to start making us drop our droors and cough when we try to board a plane, like they do to people entering who go to jail? If the current trend continues it is going to be flat out insane 40 years from now. (if it isnt already)

#45     Jun 2, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Which are the same policies Obama continued, and he also implemented new policy so that he could legally assasinate american citizens.

When it comes to the government robbing us of our freedoms both sides are just as guilty, every new administration, just takes it a step further than the last.

#46     Jun 2, 2011
  7. True.I give a little more blame to the guy who started though as history has shown that once government gets new powers it rarely gives it back

#47     Jun 2, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yeah I was Hoping some of that was going to "Change".
    Now where did I get that idea from?

#48     Jun 2, 2011