Democrats Have Their ism's Confused

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 26, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

House Assistant Democratic Leader Jim Clyburn, the highest-ranking African-American in Congress, on Wednesday blamed most of President Barack Obama's political problems on racism.

"You know, I'm 70 years old," he said. "And I can tell you; people don't like to deal with it, but the fact of the matter is, the president's problems are in large measure because of the color of his skin."

--------
    I think Obama's problems stem from his liberalISM not other's racism.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/05/25/114793/racism-to-blame-for-obamas-problems.html#ixzz1NSjPJqGV

2. ==============
    As far as funny quotes go;
    Rep Wrangel[NY,D] is a classic''tax cutting is code for racism'' That was the very thing the ethics committe slammed him on, improper tax cuts on his return. Sounds like he/they are simply typical lying politicians:cool:

3. His statement is unintentionally accurate, because if obama were white, he never would have been elected or even won the nomination.

4. Correctamundo. Prejudice FOR someone because of his race is just as racist as prejudice against.

Odumbo received 98-ish% of the black vote. Had the black vote been split anywhere near norms of between 55-45, he wouldn't have won. IOW, the 2010 presidential election was the MOST RACIST IN HISTORY.... but I hear THAT kind of racism is just fine with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

5. pspr

pspr

Isn't that (ironically) the truth!

6. Do you make up your own reality?When has the black vote in recent presidential elections been anywhere close to 55-45 % ?

Gore,Clinton and Kerry all got around 90% of the black vote and Obama got around 96 %

Why don't you check your facts and stop talking out of your ass

7. Bull.Like Clinton and JFK Obama had charm,charisma and could connect with voters.He is one of the greatest orators ever.That wins elections whether you're black or white

8. Well, seeing as it was the first black man vs. white man election, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the most racist election in U.S. history.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bull, he's more of teleprompter reader than orator and he had the "anyone but Bush" thingy going for him as well. If he wasn't half black he'd still be a unknown in the senate.

10. A teleprompter reader and great orator can be one in the same,like Obama

Obama wasn't known in the democratic party because he was half black,he was known because of his speech at Kerrys convention.If an all white guy had given that same speech with the same effect they would have been in the same position Obama was in

#10     May 31, 2011