Democrats fleeing Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Yea I guess I don't see the correlation either. This happened in Texas a few years back too, and I don't think Wisconsin is the leading edge of the end of the world either.
    I will say I hope it is the end of political vote selling to public uninons, but I doubt that also, unfortunately.
    My Dad told me for years to get a governement job, but as a kid I was too stupid to listen. Kick me in the ass.
    These people have no clue how good they have it and how little they are being asked to give up. Everyone should read the Decline of the Roman Empire and see how well it compares to where we are at now.
    What a sad state our country has become. We are what we fought against, and most don't want to see it. As imperfect as we are we could offer the world a lot of good, but we are determined to crash and burn like the rest instead.

#41     Feb 18, 2011
  2. Actually "The Rise and Fall of Ancient Rome" was the series I read, and the parallels are not good.

#42     Feb 18, 2011
  3. All because of GREED... politicos, public union employees, bankers...

Historically is has always been the "something for nothing" crowd which has brought down a democratic country or society.. self-inflicted, "from within", not being conquered by an external force.

#43     Feb 18, 2011

4. The point being, its starting at the state level and we will see the same kind of craziness at the federal level. Only reason this has not occurred yet is because the fed is printing money, that at least covers the bad situation were in. We cant keep printing money forever, eventually it will stop and that's when shits going to hit the fan.

#44     Feb 18, 2011