Democrats call for ban on assault weapons, want commission to examine gun laws, menta

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OnClose, Dec 16, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol

#11     Dec 17, 2012
  2. Humpy

Humpy

See the other thread. Some do-gooders in 1981 closed mental institutions and let the inmates escape.

Geez guys I mean c'mon

loony + gun = murders

sorta logical to all but the loonies !

The rest probably went into politics ?

#12     Dec 17, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

would adam lanza really be in an institution? He seemed to be living with his mother just fine until last week

#13     Dec 17, 2012
  4. No, he would not have been, and mom's aren't exactly willing to admit their son has gone off the rails.

#14     Dec 17, 2012
  5. jem

jem

I read or heard a comment that his mom told her friend he started burning himself around his wrists and ankles so he could feel pain. By having that conversation we know his mom was looking for options.

To me that is a scream for help and a scream for an institution.
    As it is time mental health care and watching when someone starts cutting their wrists to show they are in control. ( I know someone who did that.)

So if institutions were open - then any care taker would know, when a person is burning himself to feel... for your safety, the publics and the persons safety its time to screen for an institution. (at least temporarily.)

#15     Dec 17, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

I read in that or another story the he was unable to feel physical pain. In a high school science class they had to take special precautions so he wouldn't get too close to the bunsen burners and not notice he burning himself. Weird.

#16     Dec 17, 2012
  7. Mav88

Mav88

back in the early 80's this idea was a 'progessive' idea called mainstreaming, that is put all the special ed students at regular schools and sometimes in regular classes. The theory was they would pick up more being aroung regular old kids. Bleeding hearts really hated the idea of these kids feeling 'different' even though they ARE different.

What I remember is that these kids were the target of ridicule. What a 'no-shitter" that was, most all kids are the target of ridule at some point. Some liberal genius figured that high schoolers would welcome special eds would open arms. In typical liberal fashion that was ignorant of reality.

Who knows what hatred lanza held for public schools, but if he had been seperated as he probably should have been, the thought to go there may not have crossed his mind.

#17     Dec 17, 2012

8. No it couldn't ya dumbass.

You think his target was random?

5-6 year olds, gun free zone and no men around.

Get a fvcking clue kid you're too dangerous to be allowed on sidewalks.

#18     Dec 17, 2012
  9. jem

jem

Exactly what I was think.
    I had a good friend who was very normal in all areas and good motorcross rider... but he had some reading disabilities.

So he was in the same class as some of these other kids who had just started coming to our school. I remember thinking... how could this be.

Whenever my friend came out of the classroom with the slower kids he was teased without mercy... right in front of the slow kids. I was not exactly a sensitive kid and thought it was bad for everyone.

Jokes about taking the bus to being a retard...
    Right in front of the other kids.

Frankly... right then I thought to myself what idiots thought this was a good idea.

#19     Dec 17, 2012
  10. Humpy

Humpy

A moderate approach is what is required imho
    We have our crazies too. In the 1960s we had a young couple who murdered some children and buried their bodies on a moor. The woman Myra Hindley died a few years ago of old age, but still unrepentant while her lover still lives on in the lap of luxury. He has been on hunger strike for the last 26 years but oh no the liberal do-gooders get him force fed. So at $100,000 a year he has been kept alive. Now that's surely more cruel than a $10 injection and goodbye.

#20     Dec 18, 2012